Customer Service Representative work under direct supervision in a call Center environment, and are responsible for responding in a timely, professional and courteous manner to all customer inquiries. This includes member and/or provider phone calls or correspondence regarding benefit, eligibility or customer issues. Follows internal processes and procedures to ensure all activities are performed in accordance with departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Minimum 1-year experience taking in bound/out bound customer calls.
- 1-year prior claims and or customer service experience preferred.
- Prior experience in the healthcare or managed care industry preferred.
- Minimum 45 wpm typing skill preferred.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills in dealing with customer complaints and sensitive requests required.
- Ability to use PC applications in a MS Windows based.
- High School Diploma or GED required.