The ECM Machine Operator will work at the Parsippany, NJ Metem a Power business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, quality, and productivity.
Observe company safety rules and regulations.
· Set-up and operate electro-chemical machines to cut metal work pieces to specifications following standard charts and manuals and applying knowledge of electro-chemical machining processes and methods.
· Examine operation sheets of product and plan operation of machine for any ECM operation.
· Dress electrodes according to standard practices and part requirements and identify any conditions that will render an electrode unusable.
· Position and secure work pieces on electro-chemical machine table with clamps, vices or holding fixtures. Perform minor adjustments to set-up of electrodes to ensure concentricity, alignment and depth of electrode to work piece using measuring instruments such as dial indicators or computer machine controllers.
· Turn controls to adjust machine settings such as voltage, current and electrode feed rate according to information on charts, operation sheets, data cards and/or knowledge of electro-chemical machine procedures. Turn valves to adjust flow of acid through electrodes and on work piece.
· Start machine and observe beginning of operation. Make adjustments as necessary within specifications to ensure operation runs smoothly. Check on machine and electrodes frequently throughout the operation.
· Inspect work pieces visually and with specified measuring instruments for conformance to specifications and record measured dimensions.
· Use electronic documenting system to update status of parts as they are moved throughout the plant and record all necessary quality information including accept/reject criteria and detailed information regarding any quality defects.
· Move completed work pieces to outgoing area, and from incoming area for next operation.
· Check set-up and electrodes at the start of each shift. Check depth of electrodes to work piece before every operation.
· As required, train and assist other operators with issues or difficulties.
· Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
· Maintain company production and quality standards.
· Report unusual problems or conditions to manager.
· Make a strong effort to achieve or exceed expected production output.
· Keep track of how much time is spent on each machine or activity throughout the shift and record daily through electronic system.
· Display an expert level understanding of all types of operations.
· Perform production, quality and machine troubleshooting on any type of operation or ECM machine.
· Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
· Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
· Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes
· Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
· Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
· Has strong ethical stands and integrity
· Experience in manufacturing preferred
· Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
· Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment.
· Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills
· Able to work with computerized shop floor tools
· Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to different areas
· Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision
· Has a strong belief in Metem, a GE Power business, and the exciting opportunities it is pursuing