Job Title: Business Analyst III
Location: Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Job Name: Senior Business Analyst
Job Description: Responsible for thorough understanding of one or more application program(s) and the business processes related to it. Responsible for coordinating support and development activities for one or more application program(s). Identifies and documents requirements for applications. Communicates those requirements to Application Developers. Prepares for the implementation of the application. Provides user support for applications after implementation.
Job Reports To: May report to Senior Director IT, Director IT, or Project Manager.
Gather user requirements:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business need, related business processes.
- Document and confirm business requirements with the client.
- Effectively communicate the business requirements to technical staff.
- Assist or lead in design of the proposed technical solution to the business need.
Coordinates development of technical solutions:
- Lead development of the application or application modifications.
- Document the proposed user interface in accordance with standards and confirm with the client.
- Assist in development of a normalized database. Understand organization of data within a database and relationships between major data entities.
- Answer questions and resolve ambiguities for the developers during development.
- Develop system test plans and execute the tests. Track issues and defects to resolution.
- Schedule development activities.
- Track and report development progress against the schedule.
Prepares for the implementation of the application:
- Assists user management in defining required changes in business processes, and documents the required changes.
- Creates application documentation for end-users and technical staff.
- Prepares training materials, course outlines and conducts training sessions.
Provides ongoing application support:
- Documents and tracks reported problems and issues with the application. Escalates problems as required.
- Researches and resolves issues related to application defects. Coordinates resolution with the technical team and the user community.
- Answers questions related to application usage.
- Provides follow-up training as required.
- Identifies and communicates potential improvements to the application or related business processes that are compatible with the UMG environment for evaluation and implementation.
- Identifies and communicates needs for new applications.
Effectively manages time and priorities:
- Completes deliverables on-time with limited supervision.
- Manages multiple work streams, assessing priorities and delivering complete, accurate work products.
- Proactively resolves time conflict issues working with direct management, project managers and the user community.
- Maintains balanced relationships across the business community and technical team.
- Proactively and consistently communicates project status and manages client requests and expectations.
· Communicates and escalates problems to all stake-holders
Facilitate internal IT meetings as well as client meetings:
- Develop agendas and conduct meetings
- Document issues discussed and action items assigned for each meeting.
None at this time.
This position interacts with project managers, application developers, other business analysts and all levels of IT management.
This position has contact with the end users and from time to time all levels of user management.
Responsibilities for Results:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to communicate with clients, developers, contractors, suppliers and all levels of management
· 5+ years experience in information technology.
· 3+ years experience in full life-cycle application development
· 3+ years experience in application support.
· 2+ years experience in structured analysis and design principles and techniques.
· 2+ years experience in developing structured test plans
· Working knowledge of database design/data modeling
- Client/server and web application development experience
- Music industry or entertainment industry experience.
- Bachelor degree in Business or Information Technology
- Business Requirement Analysis
Della Infotech Inc.
Why Work Here?Della Infotech Inc is in staffing business for five years. Over the years, we have placed hundreds of candidates to various temp and permanent positions with our 50+ happy clients all over US and Canada including Fortune 500 corporations.
Amazing clients all over the US, always reachable representatives, on-time payments and excellent benefits!