Coordinates and has direct responsibility for a program, project, event or program. Creates and implements administrative systems to manage area of responsibility. Serves as main source of information, effectively responding to inquiries from potential customers, participants, academic collaborators. Prepares and maintains records, reports, budget and plans. May maintain a web page, website, or program materials. Requires 2 to 3 years of related experience, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction. Able to plan, prioritize, and track work. Basic or better proficiency on common office software.
A successful candidate for this Program Coordinator position is disciplined, able to prioritize, and is equally adept at working on larger projects and performing the clerical day to day operations for the Center. S/he will work with multiple supervisors and must manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and follow through on projects. The Program Coordinator's duties and responsibilities are, but are not limited to:
• Manage the planning/ coordination of events such as monthly seminar series, annual conferences, and working-group meetings.
• Point person for arranging extensive domestic and international travel for the Center
• Assist with financial duties, such as processing reimbursements, invoices, corporate cards; handling financial related questions; and assisting with annual reports
• Handle four faculty members’ administrative needs, ranging from calendar maintenance, arranging meetings, submitting manuscripts, data storage records, and general operations
• Keep the Center's office running smoothly, preemptively determining the items that need to be ordered, maintained, or fixed as well as arranging visitor passes, greeting visitors and assisting with onboarding new appointments
• Update CVs, biosketches, and publications for the Center's faculty members
• Assist with maintaining the Center's social media presence
• Manage all publications related to the Center
• Assist with streamlining office procedures
This position requires adaptability, and the ability to work both in an administrative capacity and on special projects. The Program Coordinator will also readily learn compliance and policies necessary to perform the functions of this position.