Primary Role: The objectives of the position is to provide direct professional experience in the water conservation sector while assisting California American Water to implement successful and cost-effective programs that reach target goals.
· Assists with tracking and follow up of customer inquiries on programs and general water conservation information. Responds to vendor requests and coordinating outside vendor programs.
· Assists the Conservation Manager and applicable management with special conservation projects in the residential, commercial and institutional customer sectors.
· Assist with general administrative tasks associated with the various conservation programs and special grant projects.
· Assists in planning and organizing California American Water's participation and company booth at local events (as applicable), as well as outreach campaigns.
· Completes Water Waste Patrol to identify water waste within the service area and provide warnings, conservation tips, and program information to customers.
· Provides requested water usage data for customers participating in audit programs managed by outside consultants and to Conservation Manager for pilot study and grant projects.
· Assists in gathering and entering data and information for the annual Best Management Practices (BMP) program reports to the California Urban Water Conservation Council (CUWCC), California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and regional wholesaler.
Intermediate level Microsoft Office, must have ability to converse with customers in a professional manner and advise them on conservation issues and conservation program options.
High School Diploma or GED
Must have Class C Driver’s license