Sr Business Solution Architect (Enterprise Products)
Round Rock, Texas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Business Architect on Support and Deployment Services (SDS) Technology's global Office of Architecture team, based out of Round Rock.
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. SDS Technology's Office of Architecture team translates our Product Management Roadmaps into total enterprise-wide solutions. This role is responsible for the developing the overall business architecture, planning, design, and advocacy of operational process and technology solutions to improve services efficiency, increase revenues, and maximize employee and customer satisfaction / Net Promoter Score. We're skilled in analyzing the Product Roadmap business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create business outcome driven system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into world-class solutions that Dell's customers use every day.
- Partner with Product Management organization on translating business strategy to necessary business outcomes and technical deliverables - User Experience Flows, Customer Journeys, System Integration & Data flows
- Drives the creation of clear Business Architecture vision, Technical Requirements, and Engineering Outcomes for each program that support Dell SDS strategic objectives with Stakeholder and Delivery phase reviews
- Collaborates with System Architects, Product & Program, Engineering and Service team members to identifying risks and required mitigation and set, measure, and successfully achieve Program priorities
- Communicate conceptual ideas, and design rationale, and influencing executive level teams through presentations and compelling data
- Represents Engineering in prioritization and sequencing of capabilities to expedite incremental value and solve near-term business needs while progressing towards future state
- Connecting business processes between functions to clarify business and technical capability needs and investigate dependencies
- Identify and drive investigation, remediations and improvements for the existing Business, Technical and Infrastructure Architecture of the SDS Technology Portfolio
- Strong experience in Agile/Kanban Software Delivery Methodology
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor's degree; or 8+ years with a Master's degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience as an architect in large scale and complex enterprise solutions.
- Experience with Service Oriented Application design and development.
- Prior development experience using full stack development and open source tools and technologies
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and facilitation skills.
- Leadership skills who can drive initiatives/changes to ensure business goals are met.
- Strong familiarity with Big Data stack (Apache HIVE, SQOOP, IMPALA, SPARK, Cassandra, STORM, etc.).
- Messaging - Apache Kafka, Stream sets
- Data persistence: No SQL DBs - Mongo DB, mem-SQL, ReDis
- M/C learning - AI & Predictive Analytics
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.