Senior Visual / Interaction Designer - Austin, TX
Do you live and breathe Design? Is finding key concepts hidden deep inside real-world contexts second nature to you? Feel compelled to "design things right" in your everyday life...just for the sake of it? If you are eager to create elegant Design solutions to complex problems that change the status quo, then please then read on. We're looking for highly talented design and user experience professionals to join our team, the Experience Design Group, to help us create industry changing designs for Dell, transform IT for companies, and mold the digital future for us all. This opportunity builds on the heritage of Dell and EMC, and their worldwide presence, to lead the next evolution of computing, cloud and data technologies.
Dell is seeking a candidate for a Senior Visual / Interaction Designer to be part of their Experience Design Group team in Austin, TX
The Senior Visual / Interaction Designer assists the design team by generating user experience design deliverables across software project initiatives, including ideation, user-flow analysis, wire-framing, interaction design, visual design, prototyping, branding and execution. The ideal candidate can provide all levels of fidelity from concept sketches through high fidelity comps. A broad skill set and familiarity with a range of tools is favored over exceptional visual design skills, however, wire framing alone is insufficient. You will work within a collection of product teams to develop and define user stories and experiences while ensuring the highest level of usability, desirability and customer satisfaction. Success will be driven by your ability to distill complex problems into intuitive, clean, user-friendly designs while generating the appropriate workflow specifications and behaviors for development teams within the boundaries of existing Design Language Guidelines.
- Graduate degree in a related field, plus 2+ years relevant experience or Undergraduate degree and 4+ years relevant experience
- Submission of portfolio link or attachment with application/resume
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and XD)
- Ability to balance going to market with usability, UX, and other concerns
- Ability to be a strong advocate for the user within an engineering-driven organization
- Experience in interaction design for web, desktop and mobile interfaces
- Must be up to date with the latest in interactive and visual design trends
- Knowledgeable in typography, color, space, layout, texture, and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to process and integrate research studies, reports, trends, data, and information into plans, deliverables, and recommendations
- Familiarity with and interest in Data Center and Cloud technology
- Familiarity with front-end development tools and processes
- Familiarity with User Experience concepts and software brand strategy
- Ability to manage work assignments and relationships with senior designers
Dell empowers countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they're at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.