Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Public Relations Manager on our Corporate Communications team in Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA.
Dell has a huge amount to say - on technology, on innovation, on business, on human progress and our Corporate Communications team makes sure those messages are heard. They are responsible for developing and driving global and regional communication strategies and delivering marketing services. Their expertise shapes the way Dell is seen - enhancing our reputation, brand and valuation on the global stage. Crucially, they enable us to build productive, positive and transformative relationships with colleagues, customers and the media.
The Public Relations Manager for Dell EMC Servers leads external communications for Dell EMC Server & Infrastructure Systems programs and initiatives. The position is responsible for developing communications strategies and ensuring execution of a public relations plan to support Dell EMC's industry-leading and growing server business, and to connect the business to larger industry themes and customer trends. The Public Relations Manager works cross-functionally to ensure proper business, technology and product messaging is woven throughout product news and shared through engagements with key press.The Public Relations Manager engages with marketing and senior business leadership to plan for campaign execution and to counsel on strategic storytelling opportunities - the role also includes some coordination across Dell Technologies strategically aligned businesses. The person in this position will manage a PR agency team, provide guidance to multiple Server & Infrastructure business stakeholders and marketing leaders, and support cross-coordination/integration with corporate communications and global PR counterparts, marketing and product PR peers.
The position reports into the Director of Infrastructure Solution Group (ISG) PR. The role is global in scope, with responsibility for consistent execution and coordinating campaigns and relationships in APJ, EMEA and LATAM.
- Establish and maintain close partnerships with the Dell EMC Server & Infrastructure Systems marketing teams and executive leadership
- Provide PR guidance and strategic counsel to executives, marketing teams, peers and other communications team members
- Work across product and marketing teams to ensure alignment of messages that properly position Dell EMC Server & Infrastructure Systems programs and initiatives
- Develop relationships and work closely with PR and marketing counterparts and key vendors on launches, campaigns and events
- Coordinate with internal communications, influencer relations, analyst relations, sales/partner communications, etc. to develop comprehensive communications plans tied to key announcements and initiatives
- Demonstrate an ability to think strategically, practically and creatively
- Respond to press inquiries on a day-to-day basis
- Integrate seamlessly with peer functions in corporate communications, sales communications, executive communications, marketing, product management and product security to ensure consistency of messages
- Effectively manage agency team to develop press materials (presentations, releases, fact sheets, talking points, briefing books, and more) as well as broader messaging and competitive documents, as needed
- Maintain and grow strong relationships with key media, focusing on IT and select vertical media
- Manage media results reporting and dissemination to internal stakeholders; leverage data through research and metrics tools to create strategies that help increase media Share of Voice
- 10+ years of experience in journalism or public relations
- A degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, Marketing or a related field
- Prior technology communications experience
- The ideal candidate will have strong writing, editing, issue management, strategic planning, relationship and consensus-building, problem-solving and oral/written presentation skills
- Candidate must be organized, enthusiastic, results oriented, innovative and able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working effectively in a team environment
- Moderate travel frequency is required
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.