Communications Consultant, Digital Commerce Experiences
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Communications Consultant on our Digital Commerce Experiences team in Round Rock. TX Join Dell and you'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you'll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
The DCE organization is responsible for strategy, operations and delivery across Dell's customer-facing & sales team digital experiences. These include customer websites for Online Sales (e.g., Dell.com), Financial Services, Support & Marketing websites as well as Offline Sales tools and Services experiences. DCE also includes the Dell Digital Design and Content Management organizations and the Security program team. The Communications Consultant is responsible for developing and writing stories and materials for the Digital Commerce Experiences (DCE) organization within Dell Digital including PowerPoint presentations, abstracts, speeches, talking points, blogs, and other documents that articulate the vision, services business accomplishments, and thought leadership of the services business.
The selected candidate will demonstrate previous senior-level executive communications experience and success communicating services vision, mission and information in a clear, precise, and compelling way. Candidates should have a proven track record of success in information technology and global business markets, with experience in developing and executing marketing and communications strategies and tactics from the senior business executives to influence, inform and educate external and internal audiences. They should be highly skilled at establishing rapport and credibility with diverse groups and individuals - from senior executives and front-line employees to Dell Digital communities, industry analysts, journalists and other public stakeholders.
- Plans project schedule and strategies to ensure development, production, and completion of marketing programs.
- Develops, analyzes, and recommends evaluation process that identifies strategic advantages, competitive programs and customer needs.
- Prepares materials for internal and external presentations on products, business plans and leadership communications.
- Conducts concept presentation with the agency to provide direction. Manages inputs for content of communication with Brand, Legal and other stakeholders across Dell Digital and the business.
- May be responsible for agency management including relationship, contract, planning and execution. Works with agency or team to set marcom strategy.
- Manages and optimizes the marketing communication budget.
- Develops and standardizes campaign management processes, responsibilities, infrastructure, and review of creative processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience developing content for cross-platform publication, including print, web, social, video, and other digital platforms including: speech writing, presentations, talking points, blogs, articles among other communication vehicles
- Extensive experience working with executive leadership, project management and advanced PowerPoint skills
- Public affairs and media and stakeholder relations experience
- Passion for storytelling and ability to convey messages in simple, crisp and concise manner that is easy to understand
- Strong business acumen is a must
- Exceptional judgement and maturity to manage sensitive and confidential communications issues discreetly
- Minimum 12 +years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8+ years with a Master's degree