Our Exciting Work Environment
New upscale casual dining/bar, sports and entertainment venue offering full service menu and bar dining with entertainment. The new restaurant in The Battery Atlanta will offer great food, Swing Suites, TV’s throughout creating a great place to watch sports, and gaming in a fun and energetic environment setting us apart from our competition.
We have 2 Sous Chef positions available that will assist the Executive Chef in all culinary aspects of this operation to include restaurant and bar, suites and catering.Responsibilities
- Assist Executive Chef in menu development, scheduling, food and labor costs, and sanitation.
- Plan, prepare, and execute high volume meals, banquets and catered food.
- Assist Executive Chef with management of the kitchen staff, including supervising, scheduling, coaching, and training.
- Coordinate and actively participate in tastings and event operations.
- Hands on management of day to day operations of all food outlet kitchens. Implements and enforces all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Oversee inventory of food product and coordinate product ordering and receiving, in accordance with corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with all state and local Health Department regulations.
- Continuously monitor food and labor costs, with support from executive chef, take corrective action to ensure financial expectations for department are exceeded
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years Culinary Arts experience in a high-volume operation.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, including fine dining, banquets and catering.
- Familiar with monitoring food and labor costs, menu development and costing.
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- ACF certification preferred. Must obtain certification within 2 years of employment.
- Candidate must complete a cooking practical.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Commitment to excellence in guest service.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Employment Type: Full time