Our Exciting Work Environment
DFW Airport is located between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, and is the busiest airport in the U.S. state of Texas. It generally serves the larger Dallas–Fort Worth 652,261 aircraft movements in 2010, it is the fourth busiest airport in the world in terms of aircraft movements. Currently Delaware North operates the Einstein Bagel, Fuddruckers, Saltlick BBQ, Sally’s Grilled Cheese and more to comeThe Opportunity
Performs basic accounting functions as needed for the department, in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Reconciles daily cash, processes deposits and maintains change banks
- Prepares, verifies and processes invoices
- Processes journal vouchers and checks for payments.
- Bills and credits accounts involved with the accounts payable system.
- Prepares and mails bills or statements, and prepares lists of outstanding bills payable.
- Responds to questions and makes calls regarding billing problems; acts as a liaison between departments and vendor.
- Prepares journal entries and reports for daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Maintains the general ledger; posts requisitions, receipts, and disbursement information to appropriate ledgers or journals.
- Receives and counts cash; maintains cash book or other control record.
- Compiles and distributes daily sales reports, under the direction of Controller.
- Prepares, proofs, and types financial reports; makes routine cost distributions; posts subject accounts.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping or technical operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with preparation of month-end accounts receivable statements, reports, and analysis.
- May prepare daily bank deposits, under direction of supervisor.
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county, and state procedures.
- Answers telephone questions relating to guest bills and outstanding balances and processes adjustments to guest bills.
- May perform secretarial functions as needed for assigned staff member(s).
Education & Experience:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience, required
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments involving advanced recordkeeping (directly related business school or college courses may be substituted equally for up to six (6) months' experience)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be willing and able to pass a pre-employment credit and criminal background check
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices and accepted office procedures.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, energy and professionalism; is trustworthy, respectful and demonstrates sound work ethics
- Above average PC, Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, computerized accounting skills
- Strong mathematical skills, including knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to understand and follow complex instructions and technical or legal terminology.
- Strong guest service orientation; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Analytical, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Regularly required to sit in front of a computer
- Manual dexterity sufficient for cash handling and typing duties
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish required reports and computer system
Occasional bending, reaching, climbing on step stool, lifting
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Full time