Delap CPA is beyond proud to directly assist one of our top clients with their recruiting needs for a dynamic VP of Finance!
Join a team driving both revenue and market expansion in an entrepreneurial consumer products business. We have built an exceptional company and brand through technology development and deployment, with an exceptional team that has passionately served our customers for over 15 years. Our growth and strategic plan have created the need to expand our capabilities. We’re looking for an innovative, resourceful, trustworthy and passionate leader to contribute to the next chapter of our success.
Reporting to the President and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Finance (VP) will be responsible for the refinement and implementation of the company’s financial management and information systems strategy and contribute to the completion of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the VP will be charged with implementing more comprehensive systems, policies, and procedures both in the finance and general business operational realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a technology and brand-driven, mission-focused organization.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise the President and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board to effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors meetings.
- Contribute to the execution of strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall tactical management of the organization.
- Provide leadership for transactional activities surrounding M & A activities
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the President informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, to investors, bankers, and in professional services negotiations and deliverables.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the financial and IT systems and collaborate effectively with all departmental teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure direct staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Support and implement appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures to improve operating effectiveness.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Ensure the company is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board.
- Provide analytical support to the internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Manage and improve administrative and operational accounting services such as treasury management, 401(k) plan, benefits management, payroll, accounts payable, and receivables.
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred.
- CPA certification is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a management roles ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Experience scaling financial and IT systems to support both revenue and market diversity.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively. impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation– dependent on experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package for M/D/V, 401(k) matching, & PTO.
- Sabbatical Program.
- Excellent firm culture based on a servant spirit and serving the community.