Do you want to join a winning team? Delap LLP, one of Oregon's largest locally-owned CPA firms, delivers innovative and proactive accounting solutions to businesses and high net worth individuals. Delap provides a full range of services including Assurance, Tax, CyberSecurity, Bookkeeping, Executive Recruiting, Consulting and Wealth Advisory across all industries to help clients meet their strategic goals and business needs.
We are proud to have been named by both Oregon Business Magazine & the Oregonian as a top workplace for multiple years, including being voted the #2 medium size company in 2018 by the Oregonian. We have been helping clients win since 1933 and believe in being World Class in everything that we do!
The HR Coordinator provides assistance with Human Resource processes, including record-keeping, file maintenance, and HRIS entry. This role is responsible for processing bi-monthly payroll and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. The HR Coordinator provides support for the department and with additional projects as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares and processes bi-monthly payroll for multiple states.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Maintains I-9 files and conducts annual I-9 audit.
- Assists with new hire state reporting and background checks.
- Assists with processing of new hires, LOAs, and terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of various HR programs and projects, including annual talent review and open enrollment.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and attends recruiting events as requested.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR and/or Recruiting Manager(s).
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Hungry – Employee is eager to learn and enjoy challenges; enjoys learning new skills.
- Humble – Team player focused on team success.
- Smart – Self-aware and familiar with the concepts of emotional intelligence.
- GRIT – Understands the true meaning of passion & perseverance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands & Office Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 40 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Experience processing payroll with Paycor software preferred.
Delap LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.