Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor (Shipping and Receiving)
Classification: Exempt full time
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
Under minimum supervision, the employee performs a full range of assignments using higher level Management guidance to assure that all products leave the plant in compliance with consumer expectations. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving, finished goods, maintaining inventory and associated records. This position will support the Operations Department by providing, staging raw materials on time and in an orderly manner for a faster, more efficient operation.
General Overall Duties (1-19 listed below)
Some of the duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all employees.
- Assists in the control of all inventories, insuring product rotation and minimization of spoils.
- Assists in the control of cost for budget and operational procedures.
- Controls all daily shipping assignments with assistance from assigned employees.
- Ensures that all procedures are followed to maintain product safety for all customers.
- Maintains records for all transactions: all customer requirements and Company Policies and procedures.
- Assists the Warehouse Manager in maintaining the correct records for product recall and local distribution.
- Assists all customers in the completion of their orders; assistance will be given to accomplish this task by all supervisors, leads, and warehouse employees.
- Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, ensures all warehouse personnel requirements are properly maintained.
- Performs and/or supervises the initial and ongoing training of warehouse employees.
- Utilizes both PC and warehouse systems for generating reports and controlling inventories.
- Conducts Safety training and periodic employee meetings.
- Recommends the hiring of personnel and oversees job training.
- Keeps employees informed on factors relating to their work assignment, work progress, and opportunity for advancement.
- Schedules lunch and rest breaks.
- Controls absenteeism and tardiness, and approves requests for time off.
- Verifies time cards and approves overtime when necessary.
- Implements suggestions, disciplinary, and problem review procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to analyze and make decisions
- Energetic, Committed, Flexible and have the ability to work in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of warehouse management system
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on the cool environment field (Food Industry is a plus)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on warehouse management system.
- High School/ G.E.D
The Cardenas family has always followed the traditions of their ancestors when it comes to cooking. From the beginning, they created authentic Mexican dishes from scratch using recipes that had been passed down and perfected over generations. Their homemade barbacoa, carnitas, salsa and much more quickly became popular with friends and neighbors who raved about the delicious and authentic taste of their food. Soon the tradition of sharing their meals with good friends around the dinner table became stronger than ever.
This tradition of gathering around a great meal with family and friends is what Del Real Foods strives to pass on, from our family to yours. The Cardenas family continues to play a leading role in the cultivation of each new Del Real Foods product, assuring that the taste and texture remains authentic and true to our Mexican roots.