DIRECT HIRE! We are currently accepting applications for Local Lead Class A Lead Truck Drivers to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Dallas, TX. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver’s license and minimum of 2 years of service and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably route delivery experience, and experience managing. supervising, or leading other drivers. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, ability to multi-task and have excellent organizational skills.
We are one of the world’s leading vertically integrated producers, marketers and distributors of high-quality fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables, as well as a leading producer and distributor of prepared fruit and vegetables, juices, beverages and snacks in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. We market our products worldwide under our brand, a symbol of product innovation, quality, freshness and reliability since 1892.
Due to continued growth, we are accepting applications for a Local Lead Truck Driver CDL Class A to work out of our Kankakee, IL distribution center. Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities of the Local Lead Truck Driver CDL Class A
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- 90% of time spent will be in the office/terminal & 10% will be driving
- Duties include: weekly payroll processing, routing of drivers, trucks, and deliveries, assistance with advanced delivery issues, interviewing and on-boarding new drivers, additional duties as assigned by regional manager.
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- 90% dock deliveries; 10% hand unload/pallet breakdown
Qualifications and Skills
Compensation for the Local Lead Truck Driver CDL Class A
Salary is based on experience. Home every day Work 60-70 hours, 5-6-days per week, some weekends and Holidays included. Start time varies; between 6 am to 8 am. Supervision duties 10% of the day and driving/deliveries 90% of the day. Quarterly safety bonus up to $500. Hand unload/pallet breakdown 10% of loads