Senior Staff Accountant, Corporate Accounting
- Posted: over a month ago
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for all activities relating to the maintenance of the general ledger, and related financial analysis, reports, and financial statements. May analyze and interpret data and reports for managers. This individual will also ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) for areas of responsibility.
- Reconciles specified general ledger accounts and prepares account analysis; solves reconciliation differences on a monthly basis.
- Prepares, records, and in certain cases reviews for accuracy and corrects posting entries.
- Manages accounting records and maintains an orderly filing system; able to keep efficient and organized structure supporting compliance and other management requests.
- Integral to monthly and annual closing and assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting.
- Ad hoc requests to interpret and discuss accounts’ impact to business executives.
- Broad knowledge and experience of U.S. GAAP and its application; understands workflows supporting financial accounts.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results; works autonomously and checks-in as decisions are made.
- Able to present, organize, and convey complex problems or issues within and across other functions; partners with other functions in a team setting to provide business solutions.
- Understands FDM’s internal customer needs and how they affect processes and deliverables; responsible for achieving results that may affect deadlines.
- Balance Sheets accounts reconciled, documented and resolved before review and approval by Director, Corporate Accounting
- Work allocated, reviewed and approved by Director, Corporate Accounting before posting Oracle/ Planful Journal entries and allocations
- Make decisions related to own work
- All main decisions manpower budget, headcount and cost made by General Manager, Senior Director, Human Resources (North America) and Corporate.
- All strategic, operational & tactical decisions referred to General Manger
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA beneficial
- 5+ years of experience as a staff accountant using a large ERP (SAP and/or Oracle) in an organization’s with 500+ employees; ideally from a multinational company in manufacturing or consumer goods industry
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, V&H Lookups, and Functions)
- Organizational skills that reflect ability to work independently, and efficiently perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills; fully fluent in English (written and verbal)
To ensure a healthy and safe work environment, any job offer with Fresh Del Monte will be contingent upon being fully vaccinated and providing proof of your COVID-19 vaccine on or before your start date. Generally, you are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson). Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html. Fresh Del Monte is an equal opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law. If you have any questions about an opening, please contact Talent Acquisitions at firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note: This position does not qualify for relocation expenses. ***
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE IS AN EEO/AA/V/H
Del Monte Fresh Produce Company NA Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Del Monte Fresh Produce Company NA Inc