Quality Assurance Manager
Del Monte Fresh Produce Company NA Inc
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purpose of Position:
This position will oversee the management of the Quality Assurance department and staff, and will develop, implement and monitor company policies and procedures as related to Food Safety, Food Security, and Quality Assurance programs.
- Continuously evaluate quality systems and submit change recommendations to Corporate Research & Development (R & D).
- Oversee and implement safety programs (i.e. food safety, sanitation programs, HACCP, VACCP, TACCP and GMPs).
- Ensure the application and updates of the Food Safety & Food Security Certification standards and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all operating procedures including daily sanitation of processing room and equipment, pre-op sanitation check and operational sanitation programs.
- Ensure proper staffing, scheduling, training, delegation of duties, disciplinary actions and annual reviews of the Quality Assurance and Sanitation Departments.
- Ensure proper training of the Employees on the required courses/ materials (Internally & Externally) evaluating their development through theoretical & practical training monitoring their progress through applicability in their line of work.
- Claims status updates, which includes each and every consignment which the company has claimed and what is the status as to whether we received a credit note from the supplier, auctioned, destroyed and/or re-exported.
- Conduct Shelf Life studies on finished goods whenever there is a change in the product to include change of packaging, ingredients, etc…
- Facilitate all internal, second, third and regulatory agency auditing and facility inspections.
- Complete and submit corrective actions to auditing entity and also corporate R & D.
- Maintain compliance with company and customer finished product specs, special handling procedures, and production monitoring programs.
- Review & analyze QA & HSE KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) studying closely key trends and devise a plan for improvement by benchmarking the figures.
- Investigate customer complaints and find out discrepancies, analyze quality complaints & adopt CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) by proper investigation procedure.
- Implement site specific protocols and procedures, referencing the Corporate Quality Systems Manual.
- Interact with customers on product development and problem-solving projects.
- Manage internal laboratory complying with corporate policies, Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Manage the Finished Product Retain Evaluation Program, as well as the microbiological finished product testing, and environmental monitoring programs.
- Prepare periodic reports for Corporate R & D Department.
- Maintain open communication with all Managers and Corporate QA, to ensure that finished product quality processes are maintained at all times.
- Interface with the General Manager/Operations/Maintenance Managers for Quality Assurance issues, and establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Standard Sanitation Operations (SSOP's) and Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Liaison between internal operations, sales and customers related to any food safety, quality and food security inquires.
- Coordinate and manage the Pest Control program, verification of services, maps, applicator license, and chemical usage among others.
- Special Projects as assigned.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 4 year College Degree in Agriculture, Food Science or related subject or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years previous work experience in similar position.
- HACCP trained and/or certified training, and hands on skills in microbiology.
- Certified Auditor in GFSI standards such as FSSC2000, SQF, BRC, etc…
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Risk Assessment skills.
- Crisis Management Experience.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge of fresh fruits and vegetables, food processing and quality programs.
***Please note: This position does not qualify for relocation expenses. ***
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE IS AN EEO/AA/V/H
Del Monte Fresh Produce Company NA Inc
Get fresh Manager Quality Assurance jobs daily straight to your inbox!