Executes the day-to-day marketing and fundraising activities of the Del-Mar-Va Council. Administers programs and/or special events designed to solicit corporate and/or individual donations. Maintain a database of high-end prospects through donor research. Actively cultivates and solicits new fundraising opportunities and conducts research to assist with development strategies for a broader base of donors. May provide direction to volunteer fundraisers. This is a full time, exempt, position with regular office hours, Monday through Friday. In addition, requires some morning or evening hours for meetings/events and limited travel.
Responsibilities (Inclusive of but not limited to):
- Provide support and assistance for facility selection, menu planning, transportation arrangements, registration, communications, and audio/visual equipment for organization meetings and special events.
- Provide direction to volunteer fundraisers to include the preparation and distribution of event campaign progress reports.
- Perform market and donor research using Blackbaud CRM software.
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and communication materials. Participate in development and design of internal and external marketing literature. [Ex: fliers, brochures, press releases, promotion articles, mailings, web and email promotion, advertisements, event PR promotion to media]
- Coordinate graphics production of proposals, projects, marketing literature and communications.
- Actively manage social media and assist with web-site updates.
- Maintain, monitor and distribute fundraising support materials and donor recognition for all campaigns.
- Assist team to ensure all development goals are achieved.
- Professional phone mannerism
- Professional appearance
- Good writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft office programs and above average computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher). A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Candidates with at least 1 year of experience (or comparable experience) in non-profit fund-raising and/or sales and marketing support administration preferred.
Compensation and Benefits Plan:
- Salary $38,000-$42,000 based upon experience
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Competitive Medical, Dental and, Vision Care Plans
- Matched savings program with 100% match up to 6% of salary.
About Del-Mar-Va Council:
The Del-Mar-Va Council was established in 1917 and serves over 15,000 young men and women throughout the peninsula. Nearly 30 full time staff and more than 3,300 registered volunteers work with youth to teach them new skills, build their self-esteem and reinforce the values of the Boy Scout Oath and Law.