Lab Technician I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Science you can trust from concept to consumer.
Since 1967, Deibel Laboratories has operated several private food testing facilities providing services in both Microbiology and Chemistry testing. We play an integral role in food and product safety for industry-leading producers, as well as family-run operations much like our own.
Our location in Chester, Virginia is hiring full-time, entry-level Microbiology Technicians (40 hours/week plus benefits included).
We offer a competitive salary based on knowledge and experience. This position includes full health benefits for self and family (employer pays for 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents on our base plan). Deibel also offers a self-funded dental plan, vision plan, and 401K option along with profit sharing.
Check out our website to learn more about our location and what we do: www.DeibelLabs.com.
Compensation: Starting hourly rates $18 - $20; DOE, plus a competitive benefits package.
Schedule: Both AM & PM 6AM - 6PM or 6PM - 6AM
Workweeks rotate 4:12 & 3:12 (that is 4, 12 hour days then 3, 12 hour days on rotation)
Shift Available: Wednesday - Saturday (4:12); Thursday - Saturday (3:12)
(Please indicate your schedule preference AM or PM)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample.
- Record findings on a worksheet for verification.
- Write identification onto plates so that client and sample numbers can be tracked.
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed.
- Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process.
- Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending.
- Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature.
- Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required.
- Sterilize materials needed for analysis.
- Perform pH and other analysis tests on samples when requested by the client.
- Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Set up equipment and materials needed for analysis.
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized.
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance, and improvement of the management system.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- Entry Level Position: We Are Happy to Train
- Must have an interest in learning basic knowledge of microbiology and to accurately perform testing procedures and obtain accurate results.
- A basic knowledge of personal computers is useful to accurately enter testing data and results.
- Planning skills are useful to maintain supplies of analysis materials and ensure analysis is completed within the specified time.
- Basic math skills are essential to complete analysis.
- Physical dexterity is required for manipulating samples.
We'd Love to Hear from People With:
- Previous experience in manufacturing, production, warehouse, food industry, food service, baking, baristas, or retail.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work accurately, reliably, thoroughly, timely, and within safety guidelines.
- Skills to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with all employees.
- A professional workplace appearance, ethical conduct, honesty, and integrity in all communications.
- A thirst to seek out and participate in appropriate training and professional development.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Well organized and self-directed individual focused on achieving organizational goals and initiatives.
- Occasional exposure to laboratory fumes, chemicals, and materials will occur when in the laboratory.
- Safety equipment of gloves, laboratory coat, and eyeglasses may need to be worn depending on the testing process.
- Extended time spent in a standing position.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally and 10 – 15lbs repeatedly.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Deibel is committed to fostering a diverse and welcoming workplace with people of all types of backgrounds and experiences.
Deibel Laboratories Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Deibel Laboratories Inc