Sr Solutions Engineer/Sales Engineer/Solutions Consultant
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow's healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we've built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women's initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join any of our employee run affinity groups supporting causes such as women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and potential for many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We're also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we've been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you'd be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We'd love the chance to get to know you.
We are looking for a technical Sr Solutions Engineer/Sales Engineer/Solutions Consultant who will help Sales land new clients and grow existing business. The ideal candidate will have a blend of technical skills, sales acumen, and a strong knowledge of data in the healthcare industry. The core responsibilities of the position are to:
- drive revenue through compelling demonstrations and an understanding of our client's use cases
- prove the accuracy and value of Definitive' s data assets, primarily using SQL
- and to partner with sales reps as subject matter experts.
If you are, or want to be, a healthcare data geek and enjoy directly interfacing with clients this is the role for you!
What you'll do:
- Work with Sales Executives to drive opportunity closure
- Demonstrate healthcare experience in quantifying, measuring and analyzing various metrics within Definitive Healthcare data sets
- Develop data extracts using SQL and various analytic and programming tools as needed
- Analyze data sets for outliers and trends
- Solve novel client business needs for which there may be no standard deliverable in the Definitive Healthcare products
- Present findings and analysis to customers and prospects both in-person and virtual.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree ideally in Computer Science, Data Science, Medical Informatics, Economics or Math
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in Medicare and/or Commercial Medical Claims and Prescription Claims data.
- 2-10 years of complex data management responsibilities (Big data experience a plus)
- 2-10 years of experience in quantifying and analyzing healthcare performance metrics
- An understanding of the data needs required to bring a new Drug, Therapy, or Medical Device to market.
- Knowledge or experience in medical terminology (DRG, ICD, HCPCS/CPT, NDC)
- Very strong Expertise in SQL (SQL Server and/or DataBricks preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills; data visualizations using tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Excel.
- Ability to communicate 'So What?' when providing solutions to business requirements.
- Demonstrated success in working effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability and desire to present technical topics to a business audience, both virtually and in-person.
- Ability to 'command a room' both in person and virtually.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, organizational and project management skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior Solutions Engineering, Sales Engineering, Solutions Consulting, Life Sciences Architect/Presales experience, particularly in the healthcare arena
- Experience in Medical Economics or Strong Knowledge of Healthcare Performance Indicators
- Experience with EMR/HMR data such as Cerner, Epic, etc.
- Prior experience working at, or directly with, Hospitals, Health Systems, or other Post-Acute care facilities
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce.
- Other programming experience: R, Python
- Experience with modern Data Analytics/Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI.
- Analysis and forecasting of trends in medical costs to provide analytic support to healthcare data sales cycles
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
"Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed."
-Business Development Manager
"Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well."
"I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there."
If you don't fit all of these qualifications, but believe you're still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
If you are a California, Colorado, New York City or Washington resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you're interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment - we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information
Please note : All communications regarding the hiring process at Definitive Healthcare will come directly from one of our corporate recruiters or coordinators with an @definitivehc.com email address. We will never request any money transfer or purchase of equipment with a promise of reimbursement. If you receive any suspicious communications, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your status in the application process.
Definitive Healthcare, USFramingham, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.