- Posted: 27 days ago
DefinedTalent is proud to be supporting a small, focused team with the mission to build a better future for all by solving problems and finding solutions where others cannot. Through transparency, creativity, high expectations, and accountability, this dynamic team is focused on achieving big goals and empowering innovators.
Are you obsessed with creative storytelling? A/B testing? Automations? Making funny memes?
Do you closely follow marketing leaders like Gary V, Amy Porterfield, James Wedmore, or Marie Forleo?
Do you use the internet as your superpower to get leverage with resources that make you shine?’
Do you like a good underdog story aka New Jersey and our insane grit?
Then this Marketing Director (Hybrid/near Jersey City, NJ) opportunity might be for you.
DefinedTalent partner's with an organization that is built to empower entrepreneurs and innovators to build a better future for all. They bring together investors, government, professional providers, and businessess both big and small to help make a faster and smarter impact. They host events of all sizes, influence policy to advance the tech community, and run programs that accelerate growth and connectivity between early stage startups and large corporations.
They are not your normal non-profit. They’re more like a scrappy startup that has a big impact and has fun as they go. They are innovators and push the limit of what is possible.
***Remote with once weekly onsite***Responsibilities:
- Continuously drive innovation and experiment with new marketing channels, tech tools, and creatives to grow the organization’s audience, revenue, and brand awareness
- Effectively source and manage contractors to support marketing and content processes
- Execute a 7-day turnaround for all content from recording to publishing and including full-length video with graphics, podcast episodes, blogs, 2-3 micro content videos for social media, and 2-3 social media posts with graphics
- Direct all sponsored content and experiential content recordings towards the most compelling and editorial content possible to maintain brand integrity and content engagement
- Use tech tools and marketing stack to drive event registrations to ensure target attendee numbers are achieved as well as grow event registration conversion rates
- Drive email engagement to keep our 30% average open rate and 7% click-through rate
- Grow email lists and social media subscribers via growth marketing and lead magnet campaigns
- Craft and own campaigns in order to grow the top of the sales funnel
- Act as main point of contact for any marketing, content, or brand-related sponsorship package element
This role has 3 areas of responsibility: Digital, Marketing, and Brand. They are looking for a candidate who is an expert at one and who is able to manage/outsource the other two, while still being responsible for their success.
- Paid Media
- Earned Media
- Social Media
Toolkit: Trello, WordPress, Elementor, Canva, GSuite, Cyfe, Hootsuite, Slack, Social Media Platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok), Streamyard, Hopin.
*Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
*Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
*Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The salary range is $90,000-115,000.
Final salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Disability insurance
AddressJersey City, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?