Expired: 23 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Supply Technician =================
##### Department of Defense
Defense Logistics Agency
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/27/2019 to 10/07/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$34,921 to $45,393 per year
- ##### Appointment type
Permanent - Multiple Appointment Types
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Pearl Harbor, HI 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
See below for important information regarding this job.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs research to resolve inventory discrepancies. Investigates stock/record/material discrepancies impacting inventory balances. - Receives a variety of communications such as emails, telephone calls, letters, reports, IOMs, etc. concerning discrepancies involving material inspections, issues, shipments, receipts, storage and inventory. - Inventory adjustment actions generated externally or from local processing. - Performs physical inventory counts, material inspections and location survey checks. Updates records based on cyclic inspections, and researches receipt discrepancies for record adjustments. - Receives information of discrepancies, investigates material, and responds to defective material! messages in support of the COSIS program. - Assists in the development of quality control plans and process improvement initiatives for the purpose of enhancing overall inventory accuracy and accountability. Assists in cyclic inspections and AD Hoc discrepancy processing. - May operate material handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and stock selectors to move material.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
2005 Supply Clerical And Technician
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen - Tour of Duty: Set Schedule - Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Secret Access - Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal. - Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt - Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. - Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized - Bargaining Unit Status: Yes - Pre-Employment Physical: Required - Licenses: Must be able to obtain and maintain Materials Handling Equipment license. - Subject to Overseas Rotation Agreement, Tour Length: Yes, 36 months (http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/1040025/140025v1230.pdf)
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To qualify at the GS-06 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
Physical Demands In the performance of investigations, inventories and location surveys, the incumbent is requiredto research, survey and/orcount all types of material, some which is heavy and bulky, stored on pallets, and some which isstored in high-level locations. Work may require operating MHE and handling, pushing and liftingitems weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 70 pounds. Depending on availability ofequipment and depot location, may occasionaly operate a bicycle, sedan, or pick-up truck to movebetween work sites.
Work Environment Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. The work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions. such as working around moving warehouse equipment, carts, or machines.Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, safety shoes,goggles, hearing protection, and gloves.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Are you using your education to qualify? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at time of application.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
### Additional information
**MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE**: In order to receive this preference you must choose to apply using the "Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)" eligibility. If you are claiming military spouse preference and are determined to be among the Best Qualified for the position, you will be referred to the hiring manager as a priority applicant.
**For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go to:** http://www.dla.mil/portals/104/documents/careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
**Reemployed Annuitants:** This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
**INFORMATION FOR VETERANS** is available at: http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx. As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
**DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE:**The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Competencies:
Knowledge of inventory/distribution functions Ability to investigate gather information and perform analysis Knowledge of automated supply systems Ability to communicate orally communicate Flexibility Integrity/Honesty Interpersonal Skills Reading Reasoning Self - Management Teamwork
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be completed and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If your resume and/or supporting documentation is reviewed and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible. 2. Applicable documents to support the eligibility(s) for which you are applying. Please review the following link for a listing of the additional documents you will need to provide: Supporting Documents.
If you are claiming Military Spouse Preference, you must submit the following supporting documents with your application package: Marriage Certificate or License; Signed Self-Certification Checklist (must be certified within 30 days); Veterans' Preference documentation (e.g., DD-214, VA Letter, Statement of Service, if applicable); Transcripts (if applicable). These documents must provide acceptable information to verify: Residency within the commuting area of your sponsor's permanent duty station (PDS); proof of marriage to the active duty sponsor; proof of military member's active duty status; and other documentation required by the vacancy announcement to which you are applying. **NOTE: Previous federal employees must also submit the following additional documentation: SF-50s (e.g., LWOP, highest grade held, overseas appointments, etc.), SF-75 information, and documentation of performance rating of record (dated within the last 12 months).** #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account. - You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application. - You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement. - To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To preview the questionnaire, please go to https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10602794.
### Agency contact information
### Timothy Ripley
DLA Distribution Pearl Harbor 2000 Gaffney Street Pearl Harbor, HI 96860 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Cost of Living Allowance may be authorized upon determination of eligibility. Please review the following link for additional information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/pay-systems/nonforeign-areas/
It is highly recommended that research be done about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying. For information about the cost of living and many other important items to consider visit: http://www.hvcb.org.
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review may be completed of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. Applicants that are found among the most highly qualified may be referred to the hiring official for consideration, and you will receive a notification of referral. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and as part of the selection process, applicants may be required to complete additional supplemental documents. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision. If interviews are conducted, DLA uses a technique called Behavior Based Interviewing (BBI). Be sure to check your USA Jobs account for your notification updates.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547068500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Defense Logistics Agency
Pearl Harbor,HI USA
Get fresh Supply Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!