##### Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Department of Radiology
- ##### Open & closing dates
07/26/2019 to 08/08/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$57,510 to $74,759 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Belvoir, VA
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
**About the Position:** This position is in the diagnostic section, Department of Radiology, Clinical Support Directorate, located at the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Fort Belvoir, VA.
**Work Schedule: This will be an off-shift position, shift will be determined at a later date, based on mission needs.**
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Learn more about this agency
- Perform complex computerized 3D and 3D MRI scanning of the head and/or body; receive patients, explain methods and safety precautions of procedures; start IVs, position patient and produce necessary images for the requested examination. - Scan patients, transmit images, coordinate protocols with radiologists, ensure MRI safety for staff and patients, and screen patients for implanted devices. - Responsible for all MRI techniques, patient care, operation of advanced imaging and MR equipment. Advanced knowledge of MRI physics, cross sectional anatomy and patient safety is required. - Perform post processing imaging and calculations as requested for each study. - Apply knowledge of MRI scanning, physics, cross section anatomy and patient safety on a daily basis to support local protocols and standards. Operate equipment with minimal instruction. - Oversee the maintenance of a quality control program in the MRI section and participate in the in-service educational programs.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required. - This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing. - Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. - Two year trial/probationary period may be required. - This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire). - This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position. - This position may require the incumbent to work on any day or shift, including PMs, nights, weekends, holidays, or on an "on call" basis, necessary to meet mission requirements. - In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations (natural or man-made disaster) the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to - This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
**Who May Apply: US Citizens**
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
**Basic Requirement for Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (MRI):
Radiology Certification:** Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (1) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field. The following meet these requirements: 1. Persons employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel prior to the effective date of the regulation (January 13, 1986) who show evidence of current or fully satisfactory performance or certification of such from a licensed practitioner such as a doctor of medicine, osteopathy dentistry, podiatry, or chiropractic who prescribes radiologic procedures to others. 2. Persons first employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel after the effective date of the regulation who (a) received training from institutions in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not accredit training in that particular field at the time of graduation, or (b) practiced in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not license that particular field or did not allow special eligibility to take a licensure examination for those who did not graduate from an accredited educational program, provided such persons show evidence of training, experience, and competence, as determined by OPM or the employing agency.
**In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements below:
Experience required:** To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience includes performing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) on patients to include head, body, extremities, and/or spine; and the ability to troubleshoot system/equipment when intermittent problems occur. Although not required, management prefers candidates with magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) experience. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-08).
Knowledge of the following advanced imaging options is preferred: FC, SAT, peripheral gating, cardiac gating, respiratory triggering (RT), navigator (NAV), no phase wrap (NPW), extended dynamic range (ED), blood suppression techniques (BSP), parallel imaging (ASSET), Phased array Uniformity Enhancement (PURE), Surface Coil Intensity Correction (SCIC); as well as knowledge of the trigger window, views per segment, effective TR, cardiac phases, beats per minute and delay after trigger.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. - Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. - Direct Deposit of Pay is required. - Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. - If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. - Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. - Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. - If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. - Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. - The position requires long periods of standing and walking. Positioning patients who are unconscious or disabled requires considerable effort and working in awkward positions. Heavy lifting of totally incapacitated patients is done only with the help of other employees.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.**
**1. Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. - For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
**2. Other supporting documents:** - Cover Letter, optional - Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable - License/Certification: This position has a license/certification requirement, you MUST submit a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted license/certification with your application package or you may be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
- Benefits --------
Review our benefits
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 08/08/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10560316). - Follow the prompts to **select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. - After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**. - You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete**. - It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. - Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
### Agency contact information
### Army Applicant Help Desk
JT-APF-DDAAFG FORT BELVOIR COMMUNITY HOSPITAL DO NOT MAIL Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540452400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Defense Health Agency
Fort Belvoir,VA USA
Get fresh Mobile Radiologic Technologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
People Searching Mobile Radiologic Technologist Also Searched