Department of Defense
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
DFAS - DISBURSING OPERATIONS - CLEVELAND
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Yes as determined by agency policy
Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) mission is to lead
the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of
efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We
take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is
seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about
serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance,
accounting, information systems, contracting services, human
resources, clerical work and many other areas.
Learn more about this agency
- Review correspondence, reports, and other documents prepared for
equipment, ensuring correct grammar, spelling, capitalization,
punctuation, and format.
- Keep supervisor's calendar; determine meeting priorities, and
of workload and current issues without prior approval. Manage
scheduling conflicts; prepare documents for meetings.
- Receive visitors and phone calls, determine nature of request,
- Route calls and visitors based upon knowledge of programs and
- Read and process incoming correspondence and material,
the supervisor, referred to appropriate staff, rerouted to other
organizations, or handled personally.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to a group of
and in accordance with Records Management requirements.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification
- This national security position, which may require access to
and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to
maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty
and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-05) within
the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the
duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: providing administrative,
technical and general office support duties to an organization;
providing support and assistance on personnel, supply, training, and
budget reporting and processes; utilizing office automation to
create, retrieve, update, manipulate and store electronic data; and
preparing, editing and formatting documents and reports. Examples of
specialized experience includes: Use of Personal Computers and a
variety of software functions, such as database, word processing,
graphics, and spreadsheets, booking travel, office reception work,
or supply ordering.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community,
student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies,
knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and
experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive
credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Six (6) months of graduate education may be substituted to meet the
specialized experience requirement when education is directly
related to the position being filled. To be creditable, education
must have been obtained from an accredited college or university.
Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and
experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. NOTE:
(You MUST submit transcripts or proof of education to verify your
- Moving expenses will notbe paid.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within
- Travel requirement is Seldom (1-24%).
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired
requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance.
(See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from
- **Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)
Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be
entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP.
For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance.
**NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you
are NOT ICTAP eligible.**
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
IMPORTANT NOTE - **YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.**
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category
Rating and Selection Procedures. Eligible candidates will then be
placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described
1. Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualifications as
described in the Qualifications section of this announcement.
2. Highly Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum
qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in some
of the job-related competencies based on the answers to the
3. Best Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification
requirements and demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the
job related competencies based on the answers to the
**The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to
complete and collects information on your education, training and
experience related to the following critical competencies:**
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Technology Application
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
- Required Documents
1. Resume: You are encouraged to choose only ONE method of
submitting your resume. (HR will review the resume that the system
date stamps as the latest one received and this may not be the
resume, which best reflects your qualifications for the job and may
result in an ineligible rating.) You may submit your resume by:
attaching in your USAJOBS account. For assistance in preparing your
resume, take a look at the DFAS Resume Tools.
2. Complete Assessment Questionnaire: Your resume must describe
the quality of work in regards to responses to the occupational
self-assessment questionnaire as they generate your numerical
3. Other Supporting Documents.
4. Military Spouse Preference:Spousal Permanent Change of
Station (PCS) orders or travel orders, marriage certificate/license
and the Self-Certification form are required to claim Military