Defense Engineering, Inc. Arlington, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Location- Arlington, VA
Position Type- Full Time
Education Level- MS or BA/BS and/or combination work experience
Salary Range- Undisclosed
Travel Percentage- Undisclosed
Job Shift- Day
Job Category- Information Technology
DEI is looking for a Storage Engineer/Administrator experienced working within a team environment to deliver high availability services to a diverse customer base The candidate will work within a team of functional Storage Engineers and Administrators migrating over 10 PB of data from a legacy HitachiEMC Storage Area Network to Hitachi Vantara's latest storage technology to include: Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) 5000 series, HNAS and Hitachi Content Platform (HCP). The team of integrated engineers and administrators will provide enterprise-class storage services and migration support to this high profile customer. You will work to build and maintain working relationships with team members, supporting customers and other departments and stakeholders involved in the service delivery and migration of mission data. You should be ready to communicate tasks, needs, risks, and roadblocks preventing you and the team from being successful and be ready to provide solutions to these challenges. We need someone who is has a passion for excellence and the successful delivery of services in an ITIL framework.
To be successful you should exhibit the following qualities:
- Self-starter with a passion for solving complex issues
- Willingness to take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems
- Exceptional communication skills, successfully using multiple verbal and non-verbal behaviors to deliver a compelling message
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals and groups
- Ability to defend ideas/point of views to clients, team members and government leaders
- Aptitude to thrive in a team atmosphere, while defining issues/hypotheses, performing complex analysis, and assisting with preparation and recommendations of solution alternatives. Comfortable with solo work when assigned.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, meet deadlines and focus despite conflicting demands
- Passion for operations and excellence in a process-driven service delivery environment
- You're a team player who is technical & solution oriented a good communicator, and know-how to organize your work.
- You're flexible and perform well during periods of intense stress
- The Storage Engineer will help Team DEI successfully operate within the environment with a focus on high availability services. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Technical Project Managers in developing and executing migration solutions that follow best practices and maximize the efficiency of resources.
- Develop and implement change requests using the ITIL based change management process.
- Respond to migration incidents and customer service requests
- Document tenant system configurations of solution testing /new product features.
- Baseline software update integration testing.
- Participate in quality control efforts.
- May be required to work some outages and migration efforts off hours.
- 5-10 years storage administrative/support experience
- Experience integrating storage and application solutions
- Experience implementing and administrating IP and fiber channel storage solutions
- Familiar with multiple operating systems.
- Familiar with server virtualization and hypervisors
- 3-5 years storage experience:
o SAN, NAS, DAS and CAS solutions
o Brocade Fiber Directors and Routing
o DMX and VMAX,
o SRDF, SNAP, FAST VP and SYMCLI are a plus
o EMC, Symmetrix, Centera, Celerra, VPLEX, VNX/Clariion, Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform, VSP, HCP, HNAS, 3PAR, and NetApps are a plus
- Experience in installation and administration of Server HBAs:
o Understands how windows services are installed and configured
o Able to apply current knowledge to new custom applications and configurations
o Understands/has experience with command line switches to invoke advanced application options
- Understands Storage Area Networks and Fiber Channel, IP Storage, and Cloud Storage
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
- Security + CE certification in good standing
- Any Storage (EMC, Hitachi, NetApp) or Brocade certifications
- Hitachi Storage certification training will be provided to assist with latest knowledge of storage solutions.
Defense Engineering, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Defense Engineering, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Defense Engineering, Inc.