QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (ELECTRONICS)
Department of Defense
Defense Contract Management Agency
DCMA Special Programs Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the
Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified
individuals directly into shortage category or critical need
The pay band NH-02 includes the General Schedule grades equivalent
to GS-05/11. Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration
Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring
process and expanded developmental opportunities.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a member of a multi-functional or technical team as
- Reviews contracts and technical data packages to identify the
- Identifies differences between contract technical requirements
- Reviews/analyzes contractor/ vendor QA data and adjusts
- Designs, plans and implements an effective risk management
the contract are addressed and mitigated in the Government?s
- Performs risk assessments and analyses, relying on relevant
risk ratings to quality systems and key processes.
- Performs evaluations of supplier quality systems.
- Performs pre-award surveys in conjunction with other functional
25% or less - Business Travel is required 25% of the time.
- #### Job family (Series)
- If selected, you will be subject to a Single Scope Background
Top Secret security clearance. The clearance is required for
SPECIAL ACCESS PROGRAM
- eligibility and access in order to fully perform the duties and
take 120 days or longer to complete.
- This position requires prepublication review. For additional
- Must file an annual financial statement.
- This position requires a random Counter-Intelligence Scope
- All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be
drug use prior to appointment.
Who May Apply:
- All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- External Recruitment Military Spouse Preference
and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to
paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through
National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other
organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious;
spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your
resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying
based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience,
your resume must describe at least one year of experience which
prepared you to do the work in this job.
Specialized Experience required: To qualify, applicants must
possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next
lower grade/level NH-01. Specialized experience is defined as:
- experience in Manufacturing Quality Assurance of electronic
- experience in production methods, manufacturing processes,
conformance to contractual quality and technical requirements;
- experience analyzing and evaluating statistical and quality data
- and experience of acquisition quality assurance to design, plan,
Education can be substituted for experience.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Assessment
qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing
date of the announcement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in
foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification
requirements, you must show the education credentials have been
evaluated by a private organization that specializes in
interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has
been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S.
education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at
a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information,
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Tour of Duty: Full Time.
- FLSA: Exempt.
- Bargaining Unit: No.
- May require overtime work.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of
annuitants. The DoD policy is available at:
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States
receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not
be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the
Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity
for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement
annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or
8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the
Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement
provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD
instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a
- This is a Defense Acquisition, Logistics and Technology
for certification at Level II within 24 months of entrance on
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) has not been authorized.
- Relocation Incentive may be authorized.
- Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 6
- U.S. Citizenship is required. You will be required to provide
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): The
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides
eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with
selection priority over other candidates for competitive service
vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a
displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive
selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP
eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this