Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
We are the independent eyes and ears of DoD and its partners, enhancing warfighter lethality by ensuring timely delivery of quality products, and providing relevant acquisition insight supporting affordability and readiness.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Management Assistant at a DCMA Contract Management Office (CMO) providing administrative support to one of the functional groups within the CMO.
- Assists in studies covering analysis of workload data, resource consumption, manpower projections, and budget data.
- Develops detailed reports and/or graphs for the CMO management team.
- Develops background data as to mission functions and regulatory frameworks within which the Group operates.
- Develops reports and charts from the data for use by the Group.
- Correlates data among various elements of the CMO in accomplishing various studies and presentations.
- Independently collects, compiles, reviews and analyzes monthly data required for management of various components of the Group and CMO operations.
- Reviews computer generated and manually prepared data, consolidates and prepares various required reports.
- Makes necessary computations and analyzes data to determine causes when the Group is not operating at prescribed performance levels.
- Prepares monthly reports as required for submission to the CMO, Region and/or Headquarters.
- Receives and screens incoming correspondence and documents and takes action on routine requests or refers to appropriate staff member when necessary.
- Develops, evaluates and advises on the methods and procedures, and provides administrative support to the office division such as records, directives, forms, and files. Develops new or modified program objectives to resolve problems.
- Assists higher level specialists in conducting management reviews and organizational analysis studies involving various aspects of the CMO organization.
- Consolidates and organize; review materials; searches historical files and reports for proper documentation and background information; and prepares and/or verifies the accuracy of statistical data for reporting requirements.
- Uses writing skills to prepare clear, concise reports that describe the data collection techniques and other processes and procedures used, conditions of management or program operations, and recommends improvements to higher management officials.
- Applies knowledge of the purpose, objectives, and requirements of various organizational programs and projects to track progress in meeting objectives and applies judgment in the use of resources available.
- Utilizes various office automation options to produce a wide range of documents involving a variety of formats (i.e. correspondence, graphics, charts, spreadsheets, various report, etc.).
- Receives telephone and personal caller; determines identity of the caller and nature of the call.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 5% of the time.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Assistants, Office
- Office Assistants
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- A qualified typist is required.
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
- Current Federal Employee
- Reinstatement Eligible
- Veterans Eligible as 30% Disabled Veteran
- Veterans and Preference Eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-05). Specialized experience is defined as:Experience performing a variety of management administrative duties to include: analyzing and compiling data/information from a variety of sources; using various automation software and equipment to produce a wide range of documents including reports, graphics, charts, spreadsheets and correspondence; and entering, revising, and collecting data to create databases for a variety of reports.
Education can be substituted for experience.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Written Communication
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- May require overtime work.
- Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) will not be authorized.
- Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 6 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Tour of Duty: Full Time
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: Yes
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consi