Deerpoint Group Modesto, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Grow your Career with us:
At Deerpoint Group, we’re on the cutting edge of ag science and plant nutrient technology. Sure, we’re in the agricultural fertigation and water treatment business, but at the core we’re a science-driven team working side by side with growers to improve production and sustainability.
At DPG you’ll experience an environment that’s rich in opportunities to learn and grow-where your talents and interests are nourished thanks to a workplace that is:
The Grower Advisor position is a role that facilitates, manages, and ensures the successful relationship of DPG with its customers. A “successful customer relationship” is defined as a satisfied, even delighted customer, with which DPG has maximized its sales potential with maximum company efficiency. The Grower Advisor role bridges the role of the field service representative, the sales representative, the laboratory, plant operations and the office as a coordinator to facilitate the smooth operations of the company with interactions with the customer.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manages the assigned customers. Know your customer well: all facets of their operation which relate to DPG’s business: the customer’s personnel at all levels that are important to our business; all aspects of growing operations (crops, acreage, practices, irrigation, tissue, soil, and water quality, production yields, goals).
- Strong knowledge of California and Arizona agricultural practices as they pertain to your specific customer accounts and their crops, including expertise in water and soil quality, and plant nutrition. Based on your experience and knowledge, make recommendations to DPG management on changes / improvements to DPG programs, products, performance guidelines (e.g. tissue ranges, program dosage recommendations).
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with DPG customers (new and existing) which include relationships of trust and respect for your knowledge and expertise of DPG technology and capabilities. Define to DPG management your recommendations for the participation of other DPG personnel in this process.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of all of DPG’s programs, products, and capabilities including preventative water treatment, food safety water treatment, surface water treatment, continuous fertigation, customer-applied fertigation, tissue and soil sampling services, and laboratory support services – all facets of the Deerpoint operation and how they work together (field service, chemistry, and equipment) – so as to maximize the opportunity with each and every new and existing customer to its fullest potential.
- Effectively communicate with customers and other DPG personnel.
- Writes and conducts with the customer periodic technical reports (water, soil, and tissue) and business reviews as appropriate. Defines DPG executive management’s role, as well as the role of other DPG personnel, in this process.
- Participate in the guarantee that DPG makes to its customers on program performance by periodic review of that performance via internal reports and working with management in field operations to correct deficiencies (investigate problems, develop solutions, and provide follow-up service).
- Effectively uses CRM to distribute customer info / needs to all DPG departments.
- Stays involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate. Make recommendations for DPG’s participation in relevant industry events based on your own research. Make recommendations for, develop, and participate in the development of literature, promotions, trade exhibits, print media, etc. to promote DPG programs and sales.
- B.S. in Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Nutrition or other life sciences.
- PCA, CCA, and QAL preferred.
- Two to three years of field experience in plant nutrition
- Soil science, or other agricultural related science
- Technical understanding of plant nutrition is essential.
Deerpoint GroupWhy Work Here?
Fast-growing company with GREAT opportunities!