Chemical Delivery Specialist
Deerpoint Group, Inc. Madera, CA
- Expired: January 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Effectively executes the process for delivering loads of chemicals over the highway, ensuring accuracy, quality and safety and DOT standards are met for each load.
- Accurately records transportation, vehicle and delivery data for each load, in accordance with DPG expectations and applicable regulations.
- Actively inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues, performs preventive maintenance as required. Maintains accurate vehicle maintenance logs.
- Effectively plans routes to ensure safe and timely delivery according to delivery schedule.
- Accurately documents and logs work / rest periods and miles and hours driven, retaining fuel / toll receipts for expense reports.
- Complies with DPG and regulatory truck driving rules and regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Maintains safety in all phases of job performance, ensuring safe work practices are followed. Uses the proper PPE at all times.
- Immediately reports defects, accidents or violations to the manager.
- When not delivering loads, actively assists plant and assembly operations with tasks and projects.
- Effectively communicates with blending operators, management, other departments and customers to ensure effective, timely delivery of batches to meet customer expectations and provide excellent service.
- Communicates safety and operational concerns to senior management immediately upon discovery.
- Manages and maintains a clean and organized vehicle to ensure professionalism and efficiency.
- Develops expertise in raw materials and DPG chemical blends, with knowledge of the SDS for each product, including required PPE and exposure remediation procedures.
- Effectively optimizes productivity by prioritizing time and tasks, set forth by the supervisor, working independently and together as needed.
- Works with the Director of Plant Operations to actively learn new skills, take on new responsibilities and cross train.
- Effectively performs special assignments and projects as requested by leadership.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Class A driver with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsement
- Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer processing functions and other standard office equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical principles
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to read, comprehend reports and regulatory documents and explain clearly and concisely to others
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve issues with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K)
- Ongoing training and career development
- Compensation: dependent on experience
Deerpoint Group, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Deerpoint Group, Inc.