Exhibit Support and QA Engineer
- Expired: March 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Deeplocal is seeking an Exhibit Support and QA Engineer thats a technical generalist who wants to troubleshoot problems that cover software, electrical, mechanical, robotic, and network systems.
This position will work closely with technical project teams to help test exhibits before they ship, assist during installation and commissioning, and provide triage and deeper troubleshooting to incoming support requests post-installation.
Communication and documentation skills are important, as youll report findings to the engineering team and interface directly with clients.
You should be familiar with modern development tools and languages like Docker and Git in order to set up a test environment to reproduce and pinpoint an issue, but the role is not expected to develop application level fixes.
This position is considered the first of several hires as Deeplocal builds out a formalized Support Department. While the role will assume the duties of tier 1 support when hired, a dedicated tier 1 team member will be added.
- Exhibit test and QA During final stages of development youll assist in the setup and testing of interactive exhibits and run ATP (Acceptance Testing Procedures). You'll develop test scripts to automate specific exhibit use cases based on input from the technical lead on the project.
- Commissioning Support You'll assist on the final stages of installation, traveling with project teams when needed.
- Triage incoming support requests Youll be responsible for fielding incoming support requests, by email, phone, and a ticketing system. You should be able to handle tier 1 support issues (identifying unpowered equipment, performing reboots, etc), and escalate issues as necessary to the appropriate departments.
- Reproduce issues in-house When necessary, youll set up test environments and write testing scripts in order to reproduce and troubleshoot persistent issues.
- Communicating with Exhibit technical teams General understanding of mechanical, electrical, AV, and IT vocabulary and standards.
- Documentation Generating troubleshooting guides for clients, reports for internal technical staff, and ongoing logs through the life of an exhibit.
- Engineering degree or relevant experience preferred
- Experience debugging and working with a wide array of technologies
- Basic knowledge of low voltage electronics and communication
- Comfortable with the command line on *nix systems
- Knowledge of dev tools like Docker and Git
- Comfortable writing simple scripts that communicate with APIs or hardware components over serial or similar.
- Network troubleshooting with Wireshark or similar
This position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Applicants must also be willing to travel to client locations as required throughout the lifecycle of a project. Travel time is approximately 30%.
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocals team of 80+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PAjust outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocals work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Deeplocal Inc.