We are passionate about our patients, and are committed to helping them maintain excellent oral health. If you enjoy working in a positive, collaborative environment and have a desire to improve the lives of others through dental care, consider joining our team.
Reporting directly to the Dentist and Practice manager, the dental assistant has an integral role in patient care, including setting up and cleaning treatment rooms; escorting patients to the treatment room and making them comfortable; and assisting the dentist with clinical treatments. This position requires a mature individual who can represent our practice in a professional and educated manner, while giving our patients the peace of mind they have come to expect when they arrive in our office.
Other required duties include:
- Taking dental x-rays
- Preparing and sterilizing instruments, hand pieces and other equipment in compliance with OSHA standards and CDC guidelines
- Sending and monitoring lab cases
- Following up with patients after treatment and providing relevant instructions
- Providing patient education and nutritional counseling to maintain oral health
- Monitoring inventory and ordering dental supplies
- Various office tasks as directed by the dentist or office manager
- Securely store and handle patient records in compliance with state and federal requirements, including the HIPAA privacy and security regulations
- Implement the preventative maintenance/cleaning schedule for dental equipment
- Dental experience and knowledge of Dentrix software is required
- A "Team First" attitude and a willingness to assist their fellow team members in any way they can
Education and Experience Requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Compliance with state dental practice requirements, such as x-ray requirements and OSHA
- Computer skills
- Dental assisting experience preferred
Great benefits package available that includes 401K plan, group health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation time and much more. Candidates must be looking for a long-term career with a practice they can invest in to, with the confidence of knowing that your employers will do the same!