Principal Ultrasound Systems Engineer
- $130,000 to $250,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
DeepSight Technology Inc. is a stealth mode startup company that has developed breakthrough technology in ultrasound imaging. This new technology will both extend the range and clarity over current systems by 10x - 100x! We are setting new standards that will dramatically improve the capabilities of ultrasound for many years.
In order to develop and improve this technology, we need dedicated team members. Not only do we offer a great team-oriented environment, we also offer a competitive salary of $130,000-$250,000 a year, based on skills, experience, and office location and generous benefits in both our St. Louis, MO and Santa Clara, CA offices.
We are looking for an Engineer with a strong background in ultrasound to shape and lead the direction of our new ultrasound imaging platform. This is a crucial role in our product design and development process.
As the Principal Ultrasound Systems Engineer, your responsibilities are:
- Lead and drive innovation and product development for ultrasound imaging.
- Be deeply involved in customer engagement and clinical requirements process that defines imaging features leading to system definition for software and hardware.
- Focus on critical aspects of ultrasound systems engineering, including hardware and software definition as it relates to imaging mode development and implementation, imaging feature development, image quality optimization, and clinical evaluation.
This position is suited for you if you are familiar with:
- Taking ownership of image quality, from imaging mode and algorithm development, system performance verification, engineering and clinical image optimization, and customer support.
- Contributing to systems-level product development, owning design specifications and verification that complies with related medical device regulations/standards (FDA, IEC, etc.) and internal quality management and design control processes.
- Driving innovation and continual improvement of imaging performance all the way from concept generation to prototyping and product implementation.
- Research and development in ultrasound signal and image processing for tissue characterization and blood flow visualization and quantification.
- Contributing and thriving in a highly collaborative and interactive development environment.
- S. in Electrical/Biomedical Engineering with 10+ years industry experience in medical imaging product development
- Expertise in ultrasound physics and system design, signal and image processing, algorithm specification and development
- Demonstrated technical abilities in coordinating development efforts of a highly technical group
- Demonstrated experience using MATLAB/Python for fast prototyping; C/C++ programming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to change and work in a rapidly evolving environment
- Willing to relocate to either the St. Louis, MO or Santa Clara, CA areas
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- S. or PhD in Electrical/Biomedical engineering with a dissertation topic related to ultrasound imaging or therapy
- Direct experience in ultrasound image optimization and system development for general imaging applications (e.g. Abdominal, Small Parts, Musculoskeletal, Vascular, Pediatric, CEUS, and Color Doppler)
Other Qualities We Are Looking For
- Positive - a can-do attitude that helps you rise to challenges
- Collaborative - a team player who can effectively communicate with others
- Attentive to detail - nothing gets by you
- Efficient - a knack for effectively prioritizing tasks and managing your time
- Pride in your work - real desire to do quality work
- Career-minded - looking for more than a job
- Empathy - a mindset of producing quality products that help people
Benefits and Perks
We offer great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
DeepSight TechnologyState College, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.