Engineers at Deep South take on a variety of different challenges when planning and executing complex jobs. In this position, the Engineer will also be a part of the project management team and work closely with skilled craft personnel to create solutions for the many different challenges faced in the shops or on a typical project. This requires a "hands-on” person who can face adversity with a can-do attitude and who can think creatively about how to best complete a project. Our engineering/ project management team has the ability to customize rigging, lifting, and transporting solutions to any client’s needs. Attention to detail, organization, and communication skills are vital to success in this position.
Our corporate office is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; this position will be located in Ashland, Kentucky.
- Design and engineer solutions to unique and complex challenges to meet client and in-house manufacturing needs.
- Obtain working knowledge of Deep South heavy lift and specialty rigging equipment in order to be able to provide solutions to customer needs.
- Manage jobs from design through implementation; assist other project management team members with the technical and commercial aspects of industrial heavy lifting and heavy transport projects.
- Identify opportunities for implementing changes to improve products or reduce costs.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing to shop personnel to ensure completion of the project from design to implementation.
- Interact with company field personnel and other company departments (accounting, operations, safety, etc.).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Fluency in AutoCAD and proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
- Knowledge of ASME, ASTM, AISC codes
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably has construction experience