CNC Machine Operator
Dedicated Staffing Saint Charles, MO
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
High school or equivalent (Required)
Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
Full Job Description
We are looking for a competent CNC Operator to use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Your job is important since some materials are not easy to shape or handle manually or with conventional equipment. Translating instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Preferred - Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Preferred - Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Performance Management.
- Results Driven.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a high level of heat/humidity conditions due to working in a non-climate controlled facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee must be able to stand and walk for long periods up time (up to 8-10 hours per day), reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Must also be able to bend and twist as necessary.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is typically a full-time position. Hours of work are dependent upon shift, with and overtime and Saturdays required as needed per company business needs.
Required Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of manufacturing-related experience.
- 1-3 years of shear and/or press experience.
- Strong ability to read a tape measure and blueprints.
- Strong understanding of safety and quality processes.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All our jobs are full time long term positions. Our clients offer benefits and vacation after candidates transition onto their payroll full time.
Dedicated StaffingWhy Work Here?
Reputable company and great starting pay
Forward your resume or call 314 961 4700. All our jobs are full time long term positions. Our clients offer benefits and vacation after candidates transition onto their payroll full time.
AddressSaint Charles, MO