Residential Community Assistant Manager
Responsible for the leasing and marketing results and for maintaining positive resident relations of a multi-family residential community.
Reports to: Community Manager and/or Leasing Manager.
Additional requirements for Affordable Housing properties: Preferred experience in affordable housing programs including but not limited to: LIHTC, HUD programs and Bond Programs.
- Enforce company policies and community rules with consistency and fairness.
- Support Leasing Manager/Community Manager to set weekly and monthly leasing goals for all team members.
- Provide operational support and recommendations to improve Customer Service Representative’s role and other general leasing practices to Leasing Manager/Community Manager when applicable.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases and renewals for bonus Handle resident relations with tact, diplomacy and courteous communications.
- Help maintain community appearance. Report needed repairs for scheduling and completion on a timely basis. Walk property daily.
- Create and execute marketing strategies to increase qualified traffic.
- Close effectively. Utilize Guest Cards and follow-up consistently.
- Respond promptly to resident complaints, concerns and requests.
- Develop and utilize resident retention programs.
- Responsible for setting up mini-models in “focus” units and staging appropriately.
- Greet prospects and qualify according to Decron criteria. Immediately record all telephone and in-person traffic in Yardi. Complete guest cards and follow-up within 24 hours.
- Tour community and focus units/model. Present amenities and close the sale.
- Obtain prospect’s signature on application, secure the deposit and update in Yardi.
- Process applications for approval, prepare leases and obtain signatures. Follow up with applicant regarding status. Submit to manager for review and approval.
- Update all prospects and resident’s transactions in Yardi.
- Ensure that apartment is ready for move-in on date scheduled.
- Follow up with prospects unable to close. Send ‘thank you for visiting” e-mails, hand-written notes and phone calls.
- Monitor monthly lease expirations. Send out renewal letters and follow up through completion.
- Update all ads online with new, fresh, current photos and concessions (if applicable).
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to increase traffic.
- Advise residents of referral fees (if applicable).
- Assist in placing, removing, replacing banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, flyers, notices, etc.
- Assist in obtaining marketing information. Personally, shop the competition monthly. Review market surveys and analyses on a continual basis to generate ideas and formulate plans.
- Senior Leasing Consultants may be asked to assist at other properties according to need.
- Assistance may be required in special projects or activities, including due diligence, property acquisition/disposition.
- Participation in training programs as required.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- Experience LIHTC and BMR
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted or modified at any time by the management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
*This Organization Participates in E-Verify *Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify
*EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer EOE - empleador de igualdad de oportunidades