Field Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Located throughout the United States and Canada, DecisionOne serves leading companies and government agencies with tailored information technology support services that maximize the return on IT investments, minimize capital infrastructure costs and optimize operational effectiveness.
With more than 800+ technology professionals and an extensive, geographically distributed network of service locations, DecisionOne's technology and business solutions combine complementary foundation services improving coverage, availability and response to satisfy the technology needs of our customers.
- Installing, repairing and troubleshooting workstations, Printers, Scanners, Routers, & Switches
- Installing and repairing Servers
- Troubleshoot and installing in LAN-WAN environments
- Provide some desk side technical support for hardware and software
- Perform analysis to effectively identify potential problems to eliminate problems in the future
- Maintain requisite technical competence to support the hardware and software
- Install, move, add, and change hardware and related peripherals in accordance with the Change Management Process
- Taking appropriate actions to mitigate or eliminate hardware/software problems
- handle General Territory.
- Standby and travel are a requirement, normally 150 - 200 mile radius
- Perform applicable preventative maintenance, per OEM specifications
- Minimum 5 years of Information Technology Experience in the public sector with organizations undergoing major upgrades to software and systems is preferred
- Experience installing and repairing Servers
- Experience installing & troubleshooting LAN-WAN environments
- Experience installing and repairing & troubleshooting workstations, Printers, Scanners, Routers, & Switches
- Must be available to be on-call per schedule
- Must have excellent communications and customer service skills, and demonstrate leadership and creative thinking
- Must be able to travel throughout the state and outlying areas
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Must be able to provide own transportation
- Must submit to and pass a Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol screen
DecisionOne offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Specifically, DecisionOne offers a flexible work schedule, competitive compensation package and a variety of benefits including medical and dental plans.
DecisionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are determined without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. DecisionOne will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, DecisionOne requires all US and Canadian employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and some of DecisionOne’s customers currently have additional or unique COVID-19 vaccination mandates that may apply to DecisionOne employees providing support to those customers.
EngineeringView all jobs at DecisionOne Corporation