- Posted: over a month ago
Come join us! God has given us a path to share the hope of the gospel with millions of young people every year. It’s amazing and we’re astonished at the potential before us to change lives forever. Come join us to seize this opportunity and help thousands of students hear the gospel online and begin lives of discipleship in a local church. We’re looking for someone with a passion for the gospel who also loves administrative work and equipping others. If that’s you, you’re the answer to our prayers.
This is a specific role that's part of a big mission. If you're encountering our mission for the first time, that's the most important place to start. So check out who we are as a non-profit team on mission, and then read about the specifics of the role down below. Bottom line: ask if God is calling you to this mission, and see how you might fit in.
Website | Instagram
Rescuing Students from Sin and Darkness with the Light of Jesus Christ. The teenage years are a time of decisions. "What will I do with my life?” “What do I believe?” Many are even asking, “Is life even worth living?” Guided only by culture’s shifting standards, students are left to build their lives on sinking sand. Without God’s truth to guide them, students are tossed about and driven toward deadly decisions. Atheism is on the rise. Alternate lifestyles are on the rise. Addictions and suicide are skyrocketing.
In all this, millions of students have never even heard the good news of Jesus Christ, who alone can set them free. We believe no one should be left unreached during the most spiritually formative years of their life. But how will they hear?
That is why we exist. Our mission is to proclaim the gospel to the next generation...till every student has heard.
Proclaiming the Gospel to the Next Generation…till every student has heard. We are training Student Leaders to take the gospel into their public schools by personally witnessing for Christ, leading weekly Bible studies, hosting campus-wide outreaches and following up with all who respond. Students in turn are learning to build their lives on the Rock of Christ and His Word. Ultimately, we are praying God will bring a student-led, church-supported campus awakening to the love of Christ at every public school.
We are also bringing the gospel to the next generation where they are – online and on social media. Students are being bombarded with every evil influence imaginable through their phones. We believe it is vital that we shine the light of Christ in this space as well as on campus as we seek to take every thought captive and proclaim to every student the joy and peace found only in Jesus Christ.
In it all, we partner with pastors who want to see a fresh movement of dynamic youth evangelism in their church and throughout their region.
Expanding the Mission and Advancing the Gospel: In 2019, we launched our Meant for More campaign with a goal of giving 1 million students the chance to hear the gospel in 12 major cities around the nation. Today, by God’s grace we have field leaders on the ground in 12 cities partnering with churches and mobilizing students for dynamic campus outreach. We are piloting a program to mobilize and equip student leaders online. All total, we are training students in 17 states today who are bringing the gospel to their public schools. We believe this is just the beginning. We pray that the Lord will continue expanding this mission - coast to coast, border to border and beyond - till every student has heard.
The Time is Now. With all the devil’s forces out to destroy our youth, we must do all we can to save them. As the world grows darker, we want to shine the light of Christ brighter than ever. And as Christian young people face cultural pressures like never before, we are more committed than ever to strengthening a remnant of young leaders who are ready to stand for Christ no matter the cost because He is worth it.
Come, join us as together we proclaim the gospel to the next generation…till every student has heard.
About the Job
We’re not just looking for a secretary, but a person who wants to be a part of something bigger than themselves, supporting key leaders, the team, and mobilizing missionaries to spread the gospel to millions of students across America. The purpose of this position is to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the President and Senior Staff thereby driving the impact of the mission at large.
- Reports directly to the President and also the Operations Manager and Director of Church Engagement
- Provides assistance to other Executive Staff as needed
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide administrative support for President, Operations Manager and Director of Church Engagement, including but not limited to scheduling calendar appointments, managing task lists, processing expense reports, and organizing the office and paperwork.
- Edit communication pieces and basic graphic design using Canva.
- Provide organization and tracking of assignments in order to ensure accomplishment of tasks using Asana as the system of tracking.
- Draft or edit presentations, meeting agendas, handouts, and reports to both internal and external audiences (e.g. ministry partners, donors, board meetings, staff meetings, and staff life events).
- Assist with correspondence by organizing email inbox, manage correspondence and ensure replies are sent in a timely way. Contact or reply to individuals by phone or email.
- Assist with information management and research, such as building email lists and needed research for projects.
- Manage external requests for the President’s time and respond accordingly.
- As needed assist with travel itinerary for senior leaders.
- Synthesize meeting notes from multiple people in order to track action items effectively.
- Order needed office supplies or as requested by senior leaders. Track and keep inventory organized.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President, Operations Manager or Director of Church Engagement.
Attitudes, Aptitudes & Requirements
- Be able to work 20-30 hours per week
- Must be able to work from our offices in Carol Stream, IL, several days a week. Remote work possible for the rest of the time.
- Servant mindset
- A growing relationship with the Lord. John 15:5 says, “I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
- Excellent communicator - written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Proactivity, initiative taking, responsibility, follow-through, playing as a team, good communication
- Experience in many of the following areas:
- Office management and supply management
- Editing skills
- Basic design skills preferred
- Become proficient in our database and manage information
- Microsoft office, Canva, Google Drive, Asana, Mailchimp
- Ability to quickly master new systems and technology
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A Christ-like attitude, a love for people and ministry, a heart for evangelism, and teachable spirit.
- 2+ years of experience in a professional office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
In addition, you have the qualities we look for in every Decision Point staff member:
- You are an Evangelical Christian who loves the gospel and evangelism
- You’re a wise and mature believer who knows the Word and does what it says
- You’re a quick learner in all areas, and eager to learn
- You have high moral integrity, emotional health, social awareness and spiritual maturity
- You work with enthusiasm and excellence
- You are a strong planner and clear written communicator
- You possess high initiative and constantly seek self-improvement
Compensation: $19-24/hr based on experience.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressCarol Stream, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Decision Point