Position: Application Developer IV
Location: Portland, Oregon
Core, JIRA, Azure DevOps (ADOS), GIT, MSSQL Server
Experience in architecture based on a service API, RESTful web service calls, and a single-page-application (SPA) client using a Microsoft .NET Core (version 3.1 or higher) and Angular (version 8 or higher) based technology framework
Ability to learn, understand and use the agreed to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
The Office of Information Services (OIS) is a shared service provider for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Department of Human Services (DHS). OIS provides the technology systems and services that support more than 11,000 OHA and DHS agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities; and promote and protect the state public health.
The current Vaccination Assessment, Record-Keeping and Reporting (VARR) process in Oregon involves 34 local public health authorities (LPHAs), and over 3,300 schools and children’s facilities, helping to protect more than 650,000 children. Though the current process has been able to minimize the spread of disease, the current systems used, and time expended by participants on the process, are unsustainable. Antiquated technology and the growing complexity of vaccine requirements and other school immunization regulations require a new solution.
A solution in the form of SMILER, the School Module Immunization Law and Electronic Reporting, as a centralized system used to assess student immunization data and generation of required reports and exclusion letters, is proposed. SMILER introduces a new “system of record” and includes query capability to the most complete electronic source of immunization data, ALERT IIS. Through a direct interface, the abundant data of ALERT IIS will be leveraged, manual assessment and reporting steps are mostly eliminated, as is the reliance on Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) forms to establish student immunization records for assessment.
Required knowledge and experience:
- Core, JIRA, Azure DevOps (ADOS), GIT, MSSQL Server
- Experience in architecture based on a service API, RESTful web service calls, and a single-page-application (SPA) client using a Microsoft .NET Core (version 3.1 or higher) and Angular (version 8 or higher) based technology framework
- Ability to learn, understand and use the agreed to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong working knowledge of modern relational database design, modeling, manipulation
- Experience with performance monitoring and tuning techniques
- Skill in testing, troubleshooting and technical problem solving
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, as well as able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills