Local finance company looking to fill a full-time position as a Customer Service Representative (CSR).
In simple terms, your job is to make sure the customers are happy and that they continue doing business with your employer.
As a CSR, your responsibilities would be assisting customers with queries or offering financial loans as well as servicing those loans. Other possible duties include:
- Taking loan applications
- Processing the payments of customers.
- Collections in person, over the phone and via written communication.
- Ensuring customer queries are answered to their satisfaction both by phone and in person.
- Using computerized systems to access the details of customers.
- Promoting certain financial products and services.
- Handling customer complaints or handing them over to a supervisor.
Expert communication and listening skills are a must for this challenging and rewarding position which is often the “face” of the company to the customers. By listening effectively to find the root cause of issues, and communicating in a clear and friendly way, the Customer Service Representative is able to solve the issue and provide a positive customer experience.
Customer Service Representatives know how to diffuse a tense situation and do everything within reason to quickly and effectively resolve the issue.
Customer Service Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and prioritize multiple concerns simultaneously.
- Provide appropriate and correct information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
- A positive attitude, even when faced with misplaced criticism or frustration.
- The ability to learn quickly and move on from both success and failure.
- Process customer orders/changes/returns according to established department policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the credit department to resolve disputed credit items.
- Provide timely feedback to company management regarding challenges or customer concerns.
- Partnership with the sales team to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Listen, document, and help resolve conflicts with customers.
- Document the patterns and queries that may indicate a larger problem with the product or service that needs to be resolved.
Customer Service Representative Preferred Qualifications
- High School diploma.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Computer experience and aptitude.
- Patience in dealing with confused or irate customers.
- Problem-solving skills, and the ability to think under pressure.
- Commitment to continual education about the company, products and services.
Similar Job Titles
- Customer Service Representatives