Assistant Child Care Director
- $17 to $19 Hourly
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Provides direction for teaching staff and children in the classroom and oversees program curriculum implementation. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth.
This is a part time, non-exempt position, working up to 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday, reporting to the Senior Child Care Director. DCFS Director Certification, or all education requirements for the DCFS Director Certification have been met.
- Oversees implementation of the Creative Curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations of teaching staff and children in the classroom setting.
- Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attend and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by DCFS.
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or comparable area of study preferred.
- DCFS Director licensing required, or applicant must have completed all educational requirements for the DCFS Director license.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting required.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age appropriate and developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Must complete health physical and TB testing.
- Training requirements within 90 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Recognition & Prevention; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood- borne Pathogens; Harassment at the Y; and Y101.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
Decatur Family YMCA
220 W. McKinley AveDecatur, IL
Get fresh Assistant Child Care Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.