Reporting to the CEO, will provide general management responsibilities for a $20 million dollar forging and precision machining operation. Will direct, manage, and optimize the overall operations of the facility. This role sets policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of plant operations.
With a focus on continuous improvement and quality. This role leads labor relation activities involving the facility and has 7 direct reports; engineering, manufacturing, sales, quality, finance, maintenance and supply chain.
- Run the business as if you own it. Take pride in the operation and work to instill that sense of pride in the workforce. Provide a constant presence of leadership to all shifts. Will have complete financial ( P&L responsibility ).
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls, and plant performance measures.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Direct and controls labor efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, customer service, and order entry efficiency, along with labor utilization.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports as required to the Chief Executive Officer and manage required action to ensure sound business practices.
- Presents weekly/monthly reports on performance as requested.
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of operations. Develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs geared toward operational excellence.
- Ensures compliance with standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, environmental, and complete on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Generate annual business plans with the Controller.
- Responsible for the plant’s staffing, operational efficiency, maintenance, and cost control measures.
- Accountable for capital project planning and implementation of approved projects
- Ability to evaluate and develop team members at all levels.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar, MBA preferred with at least 15 years of high-precision, high-tech and low-tolerance machining manufacturing environments. Automotive and/or Aerospace experience required. Forging experience would be a plus.
- Strong leadership qualities. Ability to guide, mentor, and direct staff.
- Excellent Communication Skills. Ability to communicate common message across different layers of the organization effectively.
- Highly organized. Accustomed to “figuring it out mentality”. Very hands-on!
Decades old forging and machining company for aerospace & military applications
Why Work Here?Fully compliant with ISO 9001-2008, AS9100C requirements. Provider of components that go into some of the most high tech cutting edge military aircraft in the United States arsenal. Also a provider of customized parts for commercial aircraft.
Wholly owned subsidiary of a large parent company providing components for general aerospace/aviation applications.