Community Based Services Manager
Deborah's Place Chicago, IL
- Expired: January 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for the oversight and administration of the Community Based Services program including collaboration with external stakeholders, development and implementation of participant-centered programming, implementation of Deborah's Place's service model in services/programming, management of program evaluation, development and management of program budget and finances, supervision of assigned staff and interns, and compliance with all agency and funder requirements. This position also coordinates the Deborah's Place internship program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Program Management and Oversight
- Create and uphold program rules and guidelines
- Address program crises and conflicts through application of program principles of ethical decision-making
- Monitor program activities for continuous improvement, quality assurance and compliance with agency and funding guidelines
- Oversee the Community Based Services staffing schedule and ensure coverage during absences
- Assist in landlord mediation when issues arise between tenants and landlords
- Assist case managers with challenging cases, accompanying staff to home visits as needed
- Provide crisis intervention support in mental health and/or medical emergencies
- Work with case managers to ensure goal achievement in the areas of housing, income and health
- Monitor program outcomes and ensure continuous quality improvement
- Engage in and provide clinical supervision, in both group and individual formats
- Respond to participant grievances in a consistent and fair manner
- Host team meetings to ensure communication and staff development opportunities for Community Based case managers
- Regularly review files to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Work collaboratively with the Program Data Manager to ensure data quality
- Create systems and documents to improve compliance and time management for staff
Collaboration with External Stakeholders
- Represent Deborah's Place at meetings with agency partners, including the Center for Housing and Health and the AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- Maintain regular professional communication with external stakeholders
- Complete invoices and additional documentation needed for Community Based Services partnerships
- Facilitate monitoring visits, ensuring program compliance
- Provide oversight and coordination of the Deborah's Place internship program. This includes acting as a liaison to schools and coordinating the placement of interns in Deborah's Place programs.
- Explore opportunities to gain new partnerships and expand Community Based Services
Participant-centered programming and evaluation
- Work with Director of Clinical Services to plan, develop and implement participant-centered programming in accordance with resident needs and the Deborah's Place strategic plan
- Work with Director of Clinical Services and staff to implement and maintain effective data collection, reporting and evaluation of the Community Based Housing Program
- Provide leadership to annual planning process and strategic planning including utilization of agency's physical and financial resources
- Act with other agency leaders in executing policies or operating decisions on matters of agency wide concern
- Represent Deborah's Place at external and internal meetings as assigned
- Supervise assigned staff, including their recruitment and selection, scheduling and job assignments, facilitation of individual/group supervision, development and training, performance evaluation, recommending salary, disciplinary and other personnel actions in accord with relevant policies and procedures
- Manage the Community Based Services office space including notifying facilities management staff of maintenance concerns, procuring supplies as needed for office and for program participants, working with the IT service regarding technological issues and coordinating janitorial services with facilities management.
- Maintain required professional knowledge and job skills, particularly related to evidence-based practices and special populations, including motivational interviewing, mental illness and addictions. Attend and participate in required education programs and staff meetings
- Represent Deborah's Place mission and values to participants, tenants and visitors
- Perform other duties assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
Education: Master's Degree in Social Work or related field
Licensure and/or Certification: Professional Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or equivalent in the State of Illinois required and/or obtain required license within one (1) year of employment.
Job Experience: 2-3 years of program management experience; 3-5 years residential or case management program experience; supervisory experience; 2-3 of years' experience working with people with mental illness and/or addictions.
Special Knowledge & Skills: Knowledge of issues surrounding homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency and MISA issues; proficiency in Microsoft office software, good oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, conflict management and crisis intervention skills; demonstrate clear and professional boundaries; act in a professional manner; demonstrated leadership skills to effectively lead and supervise a team of case managers. Valid Illinois driver's license, proof of insurance and must have own vehicle.
Deborah's Place is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.