Safety Coordinator - 2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
2nd shift onsite Safety Coordinator will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance with all applicable local and regional regulations. The individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. The Safety Coordinator must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations team and influence change by providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis. Must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise, and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train associates on company safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating safety standards.
The shift is from 3:00 pm - 12:00 am., M-F, with on-call as needed and some weekends. The ideal candidate has the flexibility to work schedule to assist with associate training and development as dictated by business needs. Forklift experience and forklift trainer certification experience are a plus!
Safety Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional safety regulations and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Debbie's and client safety policies.
- Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing, and safety methods are accurate and consistent. Provide continuous training and development of associates.
- Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from Safety teams, Associates, and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on the status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery, and effectiveness of all required safety training.
Complete insurance plans that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Paid holidays, generous paid time off, and other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Debbie's Staffing Services is a leader in the Staffing Industry focusing on professional, administrative, and light industrial staffing on Direct Hire, Temporary and Temp-to-Hire basis. We focus on recruiting the highest caliber candidates and matching them with the needs of our rapidly growing client base. Debbie's Staffing is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.