We are looking to hire a full-time Pharmacy Technician to join our team!!
- Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, obtains information from patients and medical personnel in order to maintain current and accurate patient profiles.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, and calculating quantities.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make telephone calls.
- Ability to adapt and change with the pace of work flow.
- Positive attitude
- Excellent patient service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think independently and problem solve
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a pharmacy technician
- Previous experience working as a pharmacy technician in a community pharmacy and/or long-term care pharmacy.
- PTCB certified pharmacy technician
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED