Dearing Compressor Youngstown, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary: The Maintenance Multi-Craft technician is responsible for the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the equipment and facilities. Preventative maintenance will be done continually as specified by the Facilities Manager. Duties include but are not limited to; inspection of equipment and overhead cranes, troubleshooting including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and overall building maintenance. While performing job functions the employee must adhere to all Dearing Compressor Policies and procedures pertaining to safety, housekeeping, quality, and continuous improvement efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuits using schematics to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Fabricate and machine parts if needed for emergency repairs.
- Weld/Burn using (SMAW) Stick, (GMAW) Mig or (GTAW) Tig welders and torch cutting/brazing if required.
- Troubleshoot electronic components, PLC’s, Controls and related I/O’s.
- Performs assigned tasks in an efficient and effective manner to minimize impact to safety, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Installs and modifies production equipment and machinery as needed throughout the facilities.
- Responsible for designated equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical & controls systems.
- Provides guidance and instruction to less-experienced Maintenance Technicians on complex tasks.
- Interacts with Operations personnel to fully identify details of equipment malfunction/failure in order to resolve issue in timely manner. Coordinates efforts with other team members if job scope expands.
- Maintain logs using CMMS system of open work orders including receipt and close out date. Working with Maintenance Coordinator, prioritizes schedule with adherence to safety, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Complete PM and Predictive maintenance processes on numerous types of equipment from Welders, Rotators, Overhead Cranes, Forklifts Etc.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ maintenance experience in manufacturing setting preferred or technical school education equivalent.
- Knowledgeable with Lock Out/ Tag Out.
- Must be able to work with safe work habits.
- Ability to Read/Interpret Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic schematics.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving capability.
- Knowledge of designated equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and controls
- Ability to work well as a team or individually and be very self-motivated.
- Knowledge of overhead and jib cranes and control boxes as required, including remote control systems.
- Operating overhead cranes, forklifts, and material handling equipment
- Able to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Must be able to perform work at heights.
- Must be able to work all shifts, flexible hours and mandatory overtime.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Must have a standard mechanics set of tools, including wrenches, sockets and screwdrivers.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Clean driving record
Dearing's benefits program includes:
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 9 paid holidays
- 401K retirement plan
- Competitive Salary
Powered by JazzHR
Real EstateView all jobs at Dearing Compressor