We are looking for an experienced Ophthalmic Technician to Join our Team at a large children's hospital in the Texas Medical Center (Houston, TX)!
This a full time, long term position / Mon-Fri 8 am - 4:30 pm!
- Performs preliminary measurements and exams on both pediatric and adult ophthalmology patients.
- Performs visual acuity, color vision testing, lensometry, exophthalmometry, Amsler grid, Schirmer test, pupil evaluation,
- anterior chamber depth assessment, stereo testing, ocular motility on extraocular muscle actions, strabismus, amblyopia,
- and assessment methods on children and adults.
- Performs basic instrument maintenance on ophthalmoscopes, retinoscopes, lensometers, perimeters, tangent screen,
- phoropter/trial frames, slit lamps, keratometers, muscle light, surgical instruments.
- Obtains ophthalmic history from patient or parent including but not limited to, presenting complaint, past ocular history,
- family history, systemic illness, medications, allergies and drug reactions, review of systems, social history, and
- developmental history.
- Coordinates ROP patients.
- Provides Administrative Support.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Required- COA-Cert-Cert ophthalmic Assistant from the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalogy (JCAHPO) or COT-Cert-Cert Ophthalmic TECH from the JCAHPO or OPTMTRST
- Licensed Optometrist from Texas Optometry Board
- Required- 2 years experience in an ophthalmology or optometry office