Full time: Monday - Friday (9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Maybe asked to work extra hours or on a Saturday during tax season
Valley Stream CPA Firm Seeking Staff Accountant
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Using QuickBooks to:
- Maintain Chart of Account
- Manage the weekly Account Receivable & Payables.
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task while completing projects timely
- Process payroll including taxes.
- Prepare journal entries, monthly accounts and perform month-end routines
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Prepare individual (1040) and business tax returns (1120,1120’s,1065) and associated schedules and financial statements
- Proficiency in related technologies; spreadsheets, tax prep and bookkeeping software
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answer questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Must understand Accounting Principles
- Active PTIN and NYPTIN
- 2 to 3 years tax preparation experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Must have at least 1-2 years of finance, accounting or bookkeeping experience including account receivables & payables, general ledger, financial reports, bank reconciliations, payroll processing.
- Experience and proficiency in QuickBooks and tax preparation software required along with expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
-Internal Claims Auditing
-Financial reporting and forecasting
-Cash flow and budget analysis
-General bookkeeping and account management
-Assist in tax compliance/filings, coordinating with the company's tax accountant.
-Preparation of monthly journal entries.
-Proficient in bank reconciliations.
-Reconcile general ledger accounts and maintain account analyses.
-Assist with month-end accounting processes, prepare budget and forecast variance analysis.
-Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls.
-Assist in the preparation of schedules and documentation for the year-end audit.
-Assist in preparation of documented accounting policies and procedures.
-Prepare detailed statements and schedules for reports; develops certain reports as directed.
-Identify opportunities for change in order to make processes more efficient.
-Proficiency with email and Microsoft applications.
-Must be highly detail oriented and organized.
-Ability to meet deadlines, follow instruction, prioritize work, and great attention to detail.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance creativity, problem solving and results.
- Drive and own a car
-Be responsible and punctual
Deans Archer & Co. CPA'sOur commitment to excellence is evidenced by the selection of our staff, continuing education program, extensive research resources, cutting edge technology and emphasis on quality control.