The Exempt Resupply Driver is responsible for operating a tractor-trailer to deliver dairy products to customers in assigned route. Position involves loading, ordering, delivering, product accounting and other functions involved in servicing a variety of customers.
- Drives Tractor Trailer and transports products from location to another (plant, branch). May drop deliver to large accounts; non-driver controlled order; delivers on a Tractor Trailer
- Verify shipment accuracy and assure saleable condition of product.
- Transact proper documentation in computerized hand-held device or paper.
- Load/unload trucks.
- Resolve discrepancies and communicate major issues to Supervisor.
- Inspect equipment according to company and DOT regulations; Tractor, trailer, pallet jack, load bars, lift gates.
- Maintain a valid Class A and current DOT medical card. Per Company and/or DOT regulations, report any moving violations to management immediately.
- Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including delivery tickets, pre and post trip inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
- Stock and/or rotate product in warehouse where required.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year related experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Balance-pulling product, climb in and out of truck.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to six cases on hand truck. (cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors. Temperature range from 34-120 degrees F.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a CDL Class A with Air Brake endorsement.
- Must have a clean driving record. * Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.