The Engineering Manager ensures the delivery of engineering services to an assigned plant. He/she provides leadership and direction in assessing, determining and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs with significant focus on improving productivity and minimizing labor & overhead costs, as well as minimizing milk, ingredient and packaging waste while assuring highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
* Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation.
* Collaborates with plant management and corporate staff to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Designs, specifies and commissions capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on-budget, meeting agreed to stakeholder expectations.
* Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
* Develops, reports and analyzes key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create and implement corrective actions.
* Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
* Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
* Shares best practices within the Maintenance Department.
* Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
* Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
* Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies, procedures and national suppliers.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.