Meadow Gold Dairies - Hawaii, a Dean Foods company is excited to announce an opening for a Maintenance Manager at its Honolulu, Hawaii location. We offer excellent benefits with competitive pay and great growth opportunities!
The Maintenance Manager provides leadership and direction to plant maintenance function of a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws. May directly supervise employees or supervise through others.
- Collaborates with the plant engineer to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Manages both the maintenance and capital projects for the site.
- Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create overall equipment effectiveness.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Shares best practices within the Maintenance Department.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's Degree or some college an engineering discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years experience within a plant maintenance function.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Union (for union facilities), Safety, and Workers Compensation experience preferred.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.